RiderForums.com - Kawasaki Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone ever use them? Wondering how good they are. I really don't feel like taking the top triple clamp off. Reviews say they're pretty good.

·
Registered
291 Posts
Been using them for well over 50k miles, only issue is the black clamp tends to turn a purple-ish color over time from exposure to the sun.

I had mine installed over the triples with no issues while I had the stock/ Cheetah bodywork, and now with the Catalyst they're under the triple.

You don't have to remove triple to install, they have a split clamp drsign to avoid doing just that.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I run naked, so I'm not concerned about the clearance. I knew that they have the open clamp design, that's why I'm thinking of getting them, easier install.

Thanks for the feedback!

·
Registered
170 Posts
Even if you're running naked, you're going to have to work with the clutch cable if you mount the clipons properly under the upper triple. The 'elbow' hits the gauge cluster when you turn the bars to the right, and it's pretty easy to break the adjuster. I bent the 'elbow' to make it interfere less, but it still bumps if you turn the bars enough.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
No need to adjust that for me as I don't have the instrument cluster. I guess how fast I go. If I feel comfortable, then I feel it's a good speed. :laugh:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts