RiderForums.com - Kawasaki Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
348 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all, just got some incredible news. My bike is done! I didn't post it on here because I didn't want to think about it but July 16th I was backed over by a fertilizer truck. I kid you not. I took a right turn following him into a shopping/restaurant area and even though its still a 4 lane road (2 each way) he decided he wanted to do some spraying behind him...and he BACKED ME OVER!!! I was probably 15-20 feet behind him when he started. Backpedaled as fast as I could but when he hit the gas I couldn't keep up, sat the bike down and got in his mirror. Reverse light missing, no sound emitted in reverse, no stay back 50 feet sign and to top it off he said he didn't hear me cause he had his radio "blaring".

At any rate. Everything needed replacing from the forks on down. Aftermarket accessories saved it from being totaled (excuse #146). The insurance adjuster wrote 2 estimates. One for the bike and one for the aftermarket once he saw it in person. One month waiting for the company who hit my bike to decide not to pay out of packet and FINALLY get an adjuster to come out and get an estimate together. Another month waiting for my backordered SE fork to arrive. Yes singular. Kawasaki only made one extra pair of SE forks and another guy beat me to the punch on one of them. Wouldn't you think Kaw would at least make another fork to have a full set in reserve???? 2 estimated ship dates passed with nothing but last week it finally came in. Called Liberty Cycle this morning to see if it had come in and he said it was DONE!

I bet you're wondering why the heck I'm still one here. They're finalizing the billing. JUST got a call back. WOO-HOO! Hope this post made sense. I'm going to pick up my baby.

·
Registered
357 Posts
Glad you are alright. But I just have to say.

·
Registered
141 Posts
Bloody Hell! What a story! Post pictures of the repaired bike ASAP!!

:cool:

·
Registered
348 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Bloody Hell! What a story! Post pictures of the repaired bike ASAP!!

:cool:
Still waiting on the front fender to be painted. She needs a bath pretty bad too. I rode it home in the rain without it. Hopefully it'll be done on Monday.

·
Banned
204 Posts
Nice! Not crazy 'bout the exhaust, though. If it was slash cut twards the rear maybe.

·
Registered
357 Posts
Nice! Not crazy 'bout the exhaust, though. If it was slash cut twards the rear maybe.
Sideburners, sweetest sounding exhaust for our bikes! Makes every HD I pass wonder how a bike could sound so good and not be an HD.

Love the looks of your bike!

·
Registered
30 Posts
I'm impressed by your persistence to get it done...the right way. I'm learning it's a trait of many Meanie owners I have been reading about in this forum..congrats!

·
Registered
1,570 Posts
slash cut to the rear would require a new branded name from Sideburner. :FIREdevil
It'd be the "Backburner", but I hear plans for it were delayed.

Enter drumkit rimshot sound effect here... :)

Sideburners, sweetest sounding exhaust for our bikes! Makes every HD I pass wonder how a bike could sound so good and not be an HD.

Love the looks of your bike!
Same with my Hellions. ;) Whatever they are, these bikes have a great low tone that can really growl!!

I'm impressed by your persistence to get it done...the right way. I'm learning it's a trait of many Meanie owners I have been reading about in this forum..congrats!
Yup, we're a different breed! There's a definite love for these bikes and I, for one, and certainly proud of mine! :agree:

·
Registered
348 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
They're unique, mean and sound great. I laid eyes on em and I was hooked. I like fuggin fab pipes also but they're pretty pricey.

VTX headlight?
Meanstreakster's right, its an Adjure. If you're interested call them and ask about any blems you could work a deal on. The owner's a real nice guy. He'll shoot ya straight how noticeable the blem is.

Thanks. It wasn't easy. I came home one night after a long day at work and was so depressed I didn't have the meanie to unwind on I almost bought a sportster.

·
Banned
204 Posts
Sorry, just don't "get it". You get nice uniformity all the length of the bike and then this stove-pipe gaping hole directly perpendicular to the lines of the motorcycle. Just kills it for me. I'm kinda weird, I guess. Bike is sick, though.

·
Registered
348 Posts
Discussion Starter #15 (Edited)
Sorry, just don't "get it". You get nice uniformity all the length of the bike and then this stove-pipe gaping hole directly perpendicular to the lines of the motorcycle. Just kills it for me. I'm kinda weird, I guess. Bike is sick, though.
I thought you were a little different;) jk, I don't think its weird, just a difference in opinion. I appreciate the honest feedback. I thought about putting the stockers back on just for a different look. I've had the SB's for 2 years now and I'd be open to a change if I find a good buy. I have a feeling this bike will never be "done".

·
Registered
348 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I was just thinking. Does being backed over by a truck qualify me for the Been Down Club? You might have to dig out the rule book for me Tim.

·
Registered
141 Posts
I like the photo. Cool headlight and I like the brutish look of the slash-cut exhaust!

·
Registered
161 Posts
That must make mine twice as ugly.:killingme

·
Registered
598 Posts
When we going to ride MoMeanie? There is a CVMA poker run this weekend in Knob Noster. You and KCStreak should come down.

·
Registered
348 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
When we going to ride MoMeanie? There is a CVMA poker run this weekend in Knob Noster. You and KCStreak should come down.
Did you make the run Saturday? We've been getting smoked at work lately so I just felt like being lazy all weekend.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts