RiderForums.com - Kawasaki Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know if Wolf made a slip-on exhaust for the ZR-7?

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks. That gives me some place to start when I contact them. When I find out I will post in case anyone else is interested.

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
03 and 04 ZR-7 exhausts the same?

The salesman at Wolf exhausts said they have an exhaust listed for the 04 ZR-7. Does anyone know if the 03 ZR-7S and the 04 ZR-7 can use the same exhaust?

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Another update

The Wolf Racing rep in the UK wrote me:

"I have checked with a couple of the Kawasaki dealers locally and every year of the ZR7 is the same exhaust - from the very first production run until today."

Does this sound right to the mechanically inclined folks on this forum?

Thanks.

·
Registered
795 Posts
The ZR-7 ZR-7S are the same ,,(muffler wise) ... 2004 Z750 may be different... Don't get confused ,,,.. Zr-7 Zr-7s and Z750

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks

Thanks for that. No, the guy definitely said the Wolf exhaust in question was made for the 04 ZR7, which was only available in the UK/Canada. I looked at an OEM parts site and the stock header/exhaust for the 04 ZR-7 was the same part number as my 03 7S, so I suppose it is a pretty safe bet the Wolf exhaust will fit on my 03 7S. I really appreciate your input cobjerry.

·
Registered
2,108 Posts
Any model ZR7 exhaust will fit any ZR7 or 7S. ZX7 exhaust will almost certainly fit, though you may have to hacksaw off a sliver from the stock headers.

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Since several of you have contacted me about the Wolf exhaust I bought, I thought I should post my response on this thread. My advice is this: stay away from Wolf exhaust. Do not make the same mistake I did. Avoid this company at all costs. The exhaust I received looks NOTHING like those in the photos cobjerry posted above, which came from the Wolf exhaust website. Mine has riveted bands on the ends and no Wolf badge/decal. In fact, I received a badge/decal for another brand of exhaust (instead of Wolf) with the can. Furthermore, after paying $70 for shipping from the UK to US, I received a demand for another $14 for some import-export company paperwork fee unrelated to Customs fees. As it turned out, Wolf exhaust tried to save money by avoiding the normal shipping companies in favor of some cheesy outfit that transfers goods on passenger flights! While the sound is generally pretty good, the extreme popping on decel is disconcerting since Wolf exhaust claims jetting is not needed. On top of all of this, the guy that runs Wolf exhaust was rude from start to finish, suggesting I was being unreasonable in demanding he correct the situation AS HE PROMISED TO DO. I hope this message saves you all some hassle.

·
Johnny Blue Lightnin'
12,140 Posts
Other things aside the popping is of no fault of the muffler. Richening the idle will help reduce it as will plugging or removing the AIS system. The only way you will make it 95% unnoticable will be to reinstall the stock muffler which absorbs most of it. Yes it pops faintly with the stock muffler if you listen for it.

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Hey Jon - Do you think the ignition advancer I picked-up from you will make a difference with the popping? Just curious. I haven't installed it yet as I can't find my torque wrench (which seems to have disappeared along with other tools during a recent move) and I'll have to wait a bit to buy a new one.

·
Johnny Blue Lightnin'
12,140 Posts
Hey Jon - Do you think the ignition advancer I picked-up from you will make a difference with the popping? Just curious. I haven't installed it yet as I can't find my torque wrench (which seems to have disappeared along with other tools during a recent move) and I'll have to wait a bit to buy a new one.
No I dont think it will change the popping but it may change the sound of the pipe on acceleration.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts