RiderForums.com - Kawasaki Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
282 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So what's on everybodies wish list for christmas?

So far I just want a pipe, since god knows how long I've been waiting for one.................................honey............you hear that???? :laugh:

·
Registered
68 Posts
Wow, that's a tough one. Just having bought the bike 1 1/2 months ago and just getting in to motorcycling 3 months ago my list is a mile long. At the top of the list is the First Gear Kilimanjaro jacket and pants, but at $325.00 plus another $200 for the pants it may only be the jacket this year:mecry:

·
West Coast Moderator
12,996 Posts
I'm kinda hoping for a new Kerker in my stocking.

·
Dirty Harry.... Moderator
9,816 Posts
wishfull thinking list

Since I've got the Yoshi can and Rifle fairing, I think my list is gonna have to be a short one. Riding gear (pants), another jacket, and SIDI riding boots/shoes. Damn, I've gone too far already. :( Tom

·
Registered
988 Posts
As most (?) of you know by now, I ordered a Corbin last week. What with the shipping etc to down here, it should be here by Xmas.

So that's my Xmas present.

Or ...... I could always say to my wife I'm really getting it for her, so it's really her present, and she needs to get me something else.

Any suggestions??

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

·
Registered
164 Posts
hmm i need a good bit of stuff

boots
corbin
givi hardbags
tank bag
some in-the-ear headphones...

thats all i want...is that too much to ask??? too bad that stuff adds up to over $1000.

...then there is the list of stuff i want for my integra...

·
Registered
1,111 Posts
Damn, all I want is approval from my family with the whole motorcycle bag. Some peace from my loved ones, one day without them telling me how much they hate that I love bikes, then I would be all set for Christmas.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Triple said:
Damn, all I want is approval from my family with the whole motorcycle bag. Some peace from my loved ones, one day without them telling me how much they hate that I love bikes, then I would be all set for Christmas.
I guess until you get those things, you've got no shot at getting the Daytone 955i. Rats! I was going to own that bike vicariously through you. :)

·
MotoMacGyver
2,546 Posts
I'm with Triple. ****, I'm 27, have been riding just over a year, am on my second bike, and I STILL haven't told my parents yet that I have a motorcycle! (I live on the West coast; they're on the East) Or even a motorcycle license for that matter.

Emrah

·
Registered
1,111 Posts
treestman, you've got that right. Telling my family that I wanted that Daytona scored me the loudest, most unanimous "NO!" I'd yet experienced. I think it even put the "no" I got from my girlfriend when asking for a threesome to shame. No kidding, these people hate me riding a motorcycle. They're okay with me rocketing around in a 600 hp car, even one with the crash bars taken out of the doors, but to them, bikes are your chariot to heaven (or hell, or wherever, I guess we'll see).

But, you know what I really want for Christmas, is some freaking financing to buy the Daytona in the first place! Talk about your age discrimination! Perfect credit, good wages, but if you're under twenty-five, you're just plain screwed, apparently.

·
Registered
68 Posts
I'm 31 and the first words out of my parents mouths were hope you have plenty of life insurance. We get no respect:mecry:
Triple- "Threesome" If that means what I think it means you're a brave man Charlie Brown;)

·
Registered
118 Posts
Triple said:
But, you know what I really want for Christmas, is some freaking financing to buy the Daytona in the first place! Talk about your age discrimination! Perfect credit, good wages, but if you're under twenty-five, you're just plain screwed, apparently.
As I discovered when I went to finance mine, it has very little to do with age (I'm 43). I, too, have great credit, etc. You know what it is? It's the collateral. Apparently, the finance companies look at the pink slip of a motorcycle the same way they'd look at the pink slip to your color TV. It don't mean sh!t to them.

In other words, they always figure the can re-posess your car, 'cause it would be difficult to hide it forever, but they figure there's no way they can get your motorcycle back if you really wanted to keep it from them. And I guess they're right.

It's a shame, too, because I REALLY wanted you to get that Daytona. :D

1 - 13 of 13 Posts