RiderForums.com - Kawasaki Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Howdy!! Im new! My first post!!!!!!

I bought a Z750s on an 06 plate, 3 days ago, had my first proper mad run out today.....what can i say!!!!! AWESOME!!!!!

Anyway, under the seat, next to the battery, i see 3 wires that end with sheaths and female connectors under the sheaths, with coloured bands on them. Anyone know what these are for??? They look original, ...im guessing they are for a power socket. Anyone know what colour is positive and negative etc????

I need to put a power socket in for my satnav.

Cheers

·
Registered
65 Posts
Dont know what the wires are for
Bikemaster makes a really good 12v power supply that bolts to the handlebar. It has a rubber cap that completely encapsulates it. Fused ljnk of course. Im about to mount one on my bike so i can charge my phone while using it for navigation.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Hey Guy's ,
if the wiring is the same as the uk the following is true:Green is Earth
Blue is Sidelight power (effectively an ignition switched live)
Yellow is Brake Light power.

But better to check with a multi meter, I have connected a cigar lighter to mine at this point, there is also two auxiliary wires on the left below the front handle bars.

Begbie

·
Registered
203 Posts
Here is a nice easy way to make life simple once you decide you want to add in some accessories. I have yet to stop at just adding in one accessory. I'm probably going to end up adding in some heated grips seeing as I love to ride during the winter as well.

Granted winters in Florida aren't bad but heated grips help with arthritis in a couple in my fingers.

Amazon.com: Car Truck 12V-A 12V Volt DC 40 A Relay & Socket SPST 4Pin 4 Wire: Car Electronics

It's 40A so yeah, you can add a number of accessories without issue at all. Just remember that your battery can only recharge so fast. Plus it comes with a plug and the wires off of it so all you have to do is crimp away. I've been tempted to add in small secondary fuse panel to put all my accessories to but IDK.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts