RiderForums.com - Kawasaki Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For many of us living in really cold weather is a sad time because we can no longer ride. However is the perfect time for some upgrades/ winter projects in our bikes.

Please post your planned upgrades/mods/downgrades etc.. for this winter and expected $$$$$ for them!

·
Registered
10,328 Posts
I am going to finally mount that "low and mean" chin spoiler I bought last spring. That means I am going to relocate the rectifier, change the horn out for a louder one and relocate it also. I am also going to convert the rear turn signals to running/turn/brake lights since I commute on the bike in the summer and yes it is still dark when I leave home in the morning. Oh and finally put on the genmar risers I picked up from this forum sometime this year.

Already mounted new tires in August.

·
Registered
780 Posts
2 new tires... new front brakes (just replaced the rear brakes a month ago)..

Can't see myself doing much more unless I find some incredible deals

Cost -- Tires $350 Brakes $50

·
Registered
975 Posts
providing money goes as planned... i'm doing low n' mean chin. new paint job. new handle bars. new intake. ...and/or a low and mean rake kit.

·
Registered
19 Posts
New rear tire, possibly swap the headlight for one from an M95 or M50, and maybe do an integrated rear tail light, but all of these are on the back burner while I weigh out the option of moving to a different state for work...

·
Registered
1,570 Posts
As budget allows, my list for next spring would include:

New front pads
New fork springs (Progressive)
Powder coat a few things
New seat

We'll see how it goes, though...

·
Registered
3,809 Posts
Kind of depends on free time but in order of execution:

VTX headlight (done)
Aux fuse panel (done)
Memphis shades fairing and custom brackets (80% done)
Custom welded sissy rack/bar
Powdercoat all the brackets/risers/bars
Replace Stebel horn that went boom
Finish custom side covers
Aux fuel tank
Internal handlebar wiring

On the maybe list:
812 double cut shocks
HID headlight

·
Registered
357 Posts
VTX shocks, here just need the bushing. Not sure I'm looking forward to this job!
100 big bore on the back burner. Lack of money now.

New custom paint job.
Two words here to all SWEET & CHEAP. Ok maybe that's 3 words but.. for those that have a local Vo-Tech School close to you you could be very blessed. The kids here where I live did a outstanding job on my other bike and only costed $50.00 for paint, sandpaper and other misc items. It took them 2 1/2 months to complete but last wiinter was VERY cold here in VA and I didn't miss a mile of riding. :agree:

·
Registered
388 Posts
Unfortunately I had to quit riding two days ago. It's just too rainy and cold to ride any longer. Weather doesn't get any warmer than 6-7 celsius (40-45 fahrenheit) during the day time...typical scandinavian weather in october. Also my wife gave birth to our baby girl Joanna earlier today. I quess I'm going to be busy changing diapers for a while...

This winter I'm planning on getting the steel brake and clutch cables. I also might be interested in buying throttle push and pull cables. There isn't much to do afterall. I'm already quite happy with my bike. Some chrome parts need replacing with new ones. For example swing arm cover looks kinda shabby...small things like that. I'm going to spend 200-400 USD for this little "project".

·
Registered
472 Posts
I've been thinking about adding a J&M CB radio. I ride with the local Star Group and they use CB radios a lot. I'm a part of the ride team so it's important that I can communicate with the others.

·
Registered
357 Posts
Unfortunately I had to quit riding two days ago. It's just too rainy and cold to ride any longer. Weather doesn't get any warmer than 6-7 celsius (40-45 fahrenheit) during the day time...typical scandinavian weather in october. Also my wife gave birth to our baby girl Joanna earlier today. I quess I'm going to be busy changing diapers for a while...

This winter I'm planning on getting the steel brake and clutch cables. I also might be interested in buying throttle push and pull cables. There isn't much to do afterall. I'm already quite happy with my bike. Some chrome parts need replacing with new ones. For example swing arm cover looks kinda shabby...small things like that. I'm going to spend 200-400 USD for this little "project".

Congrats on the new addition to the family!! That'll cut into the old M/C money but worth every penny!

·
Registered
2,139 Posts
Probably some new Rubber and some Wheel powdercoating at the same time.
Maybe get some front end powdercoating done as well. Not sure if I'm gonna go with a raked front end or not yet. Have to make up my mind on that first. I have most everything donr that I really need. It's all fun from here. I Love my ride the way she is. Would love to start another build.:bud:

·
Registered
1,116 Posts
Still trying to find me a seat with drivers backrest.
Just got answer from Corbin that they can not modify the Gunfighter so it fits the MS. :wtf:
The search goes on...

·
Registered
406 Posts
I'm gonna buy and paint the radiator shroud and chin then install it. I think I'm getting the screen to go with it, might as well right? I'm seriously considering the reaper fender too. All tolled? Don't wanna know...

·
Registered
1,570 Posts
I'm gonna buy and paint the radiator shroud and chin then install it. I think I'm getting the screen to go with it, might as well right? I'm seriously considering the reaper fender too. All tolled? Don't wanna know...
So much for "Bone-Stock Emma"!!! :) Good for you, man.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts