RiderForums.com - Kawasaki Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've had so much trouble finding parts for this bike it's not funny at all! I end up loosing my keys due to working or threw two holes in my pocket. No one around here can make a key for it, I got a spare that only opens the helmet and seat locks. I'm trying to find a set of ignition and fuel tank with keys. I can install on it so I can drive it again. Anyone can help give me ideas or a place that has a set relatively cheap?

Or will the zx7r one work for it?

Thanks.

·
Registered
304 Posts
Easiest way to find out would be to go to a site like Kawasaki Parts House and look up each part number to see if they are the same..

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ok I'll give that a shot, I just hare how this bike is so hard for me to find parts for and no one can make a set of keys when I had the keys for me. I know a lock smith couldn't when I had them and now I bet they wont be able to without them. It's always something. Full tank of gas and no where to go. lol

·
Registered
853 Posts
A lock smith that can't help you out on this is not much of a lock smith. Go find a real lock smith not the local Ace hardware store. This bike is easy to find parts for. Maybe not on Craigslist. Where are you ?

·
Registered
5,099 Posts
I know when I wanted a set of spare keys I went to a real locksmith, over 50 years experience in residential as well as industrial work & with a 12' wall of various key blanks. They certainly could, and did copy my key for me, but they did not have the blank that was needed. I had to buy that from the Kawasaki dealer specifically.

·
Registered
1,920 Posts
Kawasaki key blanks can be had for cheap on E-Bay. I bought an assortment of 3 20170524_101747_resized.jpg different colors for around $10.

·
Registered
5,099 Posts
I can almost make out your name on the keytag.... looks like "Studmuffin"

·
Registered
1,920 Posts
Smart and good taste. Your O.K Obo. I've always said being bi-sexual doubles your odds of getting "lucky" LOL

·
Registered
1,920 Posts
Some NRA "silver bullet" contribution reward. It's actually real silver.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Kawasaki key blanks can be had for cheap on E-Bay. I bought an assortment of 3 View attachment 107345 different colors for around $10.
I like how they say Kawasaki in the keys, sort of like the original ones. I'm going to buy a few and make a few more spares this time, Since I can finally get someone to make a set, lock smith should be here again in an hour, Hopefully this time it all works out well and I am back to driving! It's been like a month without it. But I can drive other bikes, just not the one I want too lol.

·
Registered
1,920 Posts
Can't count the number of times I've left the key in the ignition after putting the cover on it and not realized it, till I go to look for the key for the next ride. LOL

·
Registered
5,099 Posts
Can't count the number of times I've left the key in the ignition after putting the cover on it and not realized it, till I go to look for the key for the next ride. LOL
That says something about either the type of neighborhood you live in.... or the bike you drive ;)

·
Registered
1,920 Posts
Both! My little Servi doesn't even HAVE an ignition, and I can walk away from it parked in my town without worrying...Besides, even if they figured out how to start it, they'd only get about a block before the carb went dry not knowing where the fuel shut off/on is located. If I leave it for "awhile", I have a bike lock to attach it to a post or sign also.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts