RiderForums.com - Kawasaki Motorcycle Forum banner
61 - 67 of 67 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
There's nothing like riding a new bike and burning a bit of fuel

Just finished riding one of these baby's (excerpt) do you get them over there across the pond?

First impressions. Mean, menacing, aggressive, very angular, insect-like with it’s extremely well fitting modular sci-fi arrowhead panels, this design echoed throughout the bike from the fender stays, through the well fitting side panels and frame covers to footrest brackets, swing arm , chain adjustors and rear caliper bracket, all bear the mark of thought and theme, excellent function with singular design. Mr Tanaka (who was shipped in from Mazda) to spearhead the design of the next generation of bikes apparently picked a spot in front of the front wheel and drew an imaginary line at a 30 degree angle or thereabouts and based the lines of the bike on this imaginary line to give it the appearance of movement whilst stationary. He’s succeeded.

The sharp and rapacious front end with bulbous tail. Orca-like black and silver. There is no mistaking the designer’s intent. This is a street fighter, meat eating muscle bike and Ti-fighter in one well equipped and power packed package.
It's a bit too long to post all the thoughts etc but you can read the whole test http://www.ukbike.com

·
Registered
50 Posts
I mostly commute on my bike. I can't get groceries or buy anything bigger then a DVD or book. It takes me longer to put my gear on than it does for me to get to work (2 blocks). People are trying to kill me the entire time I am on the road. I am at the mercy of the weather. I feel like cops are out to get me. But even with all that I despise the thought of driving a car to get somewhere. When I drive a car it stresses me out but when I ride, even a two block ride, I feel good when I get to my destination, relaxed... happy.

·
Registered
283 Posts
I mostly commute on my bike. I can't get groceries or buy anything bigger then a DVD or book. It takes me longer to put my gear on than it does for me to get to work (2 blocks). People are trying to kill me the entire time I am on the road. I am at the mercy of the weather. I feel like cops are out to get me. But even with all that I despise the thought of driving a car to get somewhere. When I drive a car it stresses me out but when I ride, even a two block ride, I feel good when I get to my destination, relaxed... happy.
I have the same problem, but I am about 2 miles from work. I do not look forward to the cold weather coming, but as long as there is no frost on the ground I will ride my bike. I originally bought my bike to just commute (gas mileage), but after a couple months I was hooked. I feel that motorcycles are just as addicting as crack, because you can't put it down once you start. Freedom is the best thing that I can say about my bike, and the fact I can not be reached on my cellphone.

·
Registered
169 Posts
...Freedom is the best thing that I can say about my bike, and the fact I can not be reached on my cellphone.

Holy crap, you just made me realize the same thing! :smashfrea I use to be texting on my phone non stop, thats all I ever did, for years now. lol. But ever since I got my bike, I cant be reached while I'm riding, so I dont talk to anyone as much. And now I hardly am ever on my phone at all, because the bike is soooo much a part of my life now. CraaaazyyyYyYyYyYyy *twilight zone music*

·
Registered
283 Posts
Holy crap, you just made me realize the same thing! :smashfrea I use to be texting on my phone non stop, thats all I ever did, for years now. lol. But ever since I got my bike, I cant be reached while I'm riding, so I dont talk to anyone as much. And now I hardly am ever on my phone at all, because the bike is soooo much a part of my life now. CraaaazyyyYyYyYyYyy *twilight zone music*
I hate my cell phone, but with my work I have to have one on my all the times. But if I am riding my bike then everything else gets put on hold til I stop and can look at it. Considering that I only have to fill up every 150 miles, it somtimes takes while.

Thank you for creating such a great quote. I love it... and I can't stop giggling (as it's so true).
*thumbs up*
Not a problem, I guess that being up late at night actually makes my brain do good things.

·
Registered
2 Posts
We all ride for different reasons, and sometimes for all the reasons: fun, adventure, to bond with friends, to save fuel, to relax, as a moving meditation, to make the commute more interesting, to get through traffic easier, to accomplish goals. The reasons are infinite.

image source

61 - 67 of 67 Posts