1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
West Coast Moderator
13,030 Posts
Ha! I was off and my day was a little easier on my driving record!:killingme

·
Banned
204 Posts
Serves you right for wearing 1982 race leathers!!!:killingme:killingme:killingme:alcy:

·
Registered
670 Posts
Serves you right for wearing 1982 race leathers!!!:killingme:killingme:killingme:alcy:
Is that the guy in the geico commercial? (Jk)

·
Registered
1,132 Posts
LOL wow these guys are being pretty hard on you! So what was your speed? I see the 45mph zone on your ticket....

·
Registered
217 Posts
Rough crowd of bikers this morning. I had to check and see what time the posts were to see if they hadn’t had their coffee yet. But pwnzor we all know you are tough and can take it. You have to be to wear that leather. :righton: Have a good day.

·
Registered
1,654 Posts
Should'nt the ticket say "yes" under race, and what was the method of capture?

·
Registered
2,796 Posts
I'm jealous of your visit to the riding mecca of America.

Sorry to hear about the ticket, but there are far worse things than can happen in that area. City/vicinity says "Skyway". Did you get it on the Cherohala Skyway? That would make sense, since the speed limit on most or all of it is 45 mph.

·
Registered
226 Posts
The gap has been crazy the last 2 days. Worst its been all year. First holiday since the rock slide, so its to be expected.

Bummer about the ticket up on the Skyway. Unlike, Tenn, NC has been pretty bad this season. Much better around the Gap concerning them(28,128).

·
Registered
631 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Wow...

This is the kind of discourse I'd expect to hear from women at the mall, sipping $8.00 latte's and making catty comments about other women's shoes.

If I had realized that $1000 worth of cowhide and Gore Tex would go out of style so quickly, I would have stuck with my flip flops and tank tops. :rolleyes:

To those of you who are so fashion conscious, I have a piece of advice. Use a little Windex on the suction cups so your helmet mohawk won't fly off at 110mph.

Back to more serious business, Killboy finally posted pictures from last Friday.

·
Banned
204 Posts
Bike is hot; siut is not. MJ called from the grave. Says he's got matching gloves for it. BTW, suction-cup-mohawks are homosexual.

·
Registered
631 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I'll rock that suit till it's got holes in it.

I figure it's a lot better than the majority squid population I observed riding the Dragon in SHORTS and T-SHIRTS and yes, Hardley Davidstein riders in sandals!

I could not believe the overwhelmingly squidly behavior I observed there. I'm not in any hurry to go back, considering there are much better roads right here in Georgia.

And, adding insult to injury, Deal's Gap only serves Pepsi products and sells gasoline at California prices.

·
Registered
1,567 Posts
Only sells Pespi? Commi *******s. Won't waste my time going if I can't get a Coke.

·
Registered
631 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Yeah... Pepsi sucks.

And personally, I think Palomar in California is a lot better ride because it's rarely crowded with cars like Deals Gap is. At least, not to the same degree. And, Mother's serves WAY better food.

·
Registered
1,567 Posts
Palomar? Really? I am from Escondido and will be out there with the Z next summer for a few weeks or a month. Guess I will definately have to go.

I know 78 going down the east side of the mountains has some really tight twists to it. I think I rode it once on my old EX500 when I was living in Phoenix and came home for a visit.

·
Registered
103 Posts
wow - I can't believe you got a ticket for only doing 60. I can't remember going that slow. I'll have to remember to do that sometime. :killingme

At least you had good weather. I've not been so lucky the past 2 times there. Maybe get to go Oct. 6-10 - dunno yet.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts