RiderForums.com - Kawasaki Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 68 Posts

·
Registered
2,679 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
i dropped my scorpion exo400 and the left-side adjustment disk popped off. i thought i had properly reinstalled it, along with the visor, but when i put on the helmet the visor popped out again. i think a little spring - which provides resistance when the adjustment disk is turned - must have fallen out too and i failed to retrieve it. also, the visor is scratched enuff to impair vision somewhat.

today i looked at new lids. the shoei RF1100 was by far the most comfortable, and the sturdy visor operated very smoothly, but nearly four hunnert bux made me gulp.

what do your prefer?

·
Registered
566 Posts
i dropped my scorpion exo400 and the left-side adjustment disk popped off. i thought i had properly reinstalled it, along with the visor, but when i put on the helmet the visor popped out again. i think a little spring - which provides resistance when the adjustment disk is turned - must have fallen out too and i failed to retrieve it. also, the visor is scratched enuff to impair vision somewhat.

today i looked at new lids. the shoei RF1100 was by far the most comfortable, and the sturdy visor operated very smoothly, but nearly four hunnert bux made me gulp.

what do your prefer?
I have 2 Shoei X-Elevens. They are great helmets and vent better than alot of other helmets. I think they still are on sale too. Probably can get a brand new one for $300.

·
Banned
679 Posts
exo-700 ftw

·
Registered
145 Posts
I've had a Nolan N103 and it just doesn't fit snugly and is pretty damn heavy feeling because all the weight seems concentrated to one part of your neck. I love the drop down shades and when it's 100 in texas and stopped flipping the mask up is nice. But I went and tried on a EXO 700 today actually and was sold, shouldn't waste the money but I coudln't help it, i'd be thinking about how that thing feels to ride vs the n103. Supposed to move tons more air thorugh the whole helmet and not just the face like the nolan and wind noise is much lower. I can't wait for it to come in Monday, but I'll be out of town till Thursday so can't wait!

·
Registered
384 Posts

·
Banned
679 Posts
The only thing I don't like about these helmets are they are a tad on the heavy side.
I HATE when people make that comment on the scorpion's. The weight difference is LITERALLY too small for you to notice. Not to mention, the added weight of the scorpion's gets you both the DOT and SNELL ratings FOR A THIRD OF THE PRICE. Exo - 1733 grams (3 lbs., 13 oz.) vs Arai - 1624 grams (3 lbs., 9-1/4 oz.). OMG, 3-3/4's oz.'s more...unless your a fairy that minuscule a difference should not be factor. Then again, you do ride a black bike which means chances are you are in fact a fairy, cause everyone knows real men only ride GREEN 650R's...everyone else is "questionable". So you know what, go ahead and get yourself an Arai, yah fairy.

edit: P.S. I saw your comment in the pics section...figured I'd re-ignite the debate.

·
Registered
1,191 Posts
Helmet reviews here:
http://www.webbikeworld.com/motorcycle-helmets/motorcycle-helmets.htm

I've owned my TZR Lance Shoei helmet for 3 years now and they call it one of the quietest ones they've reviewed. Quiet is more important than weight.
I got it because I trust the company's quality and it was in Kawi Green!
They were selling similar TZR's for just $299 at New Enough last I checked.
The new Shoei's are still a little out of my price range...

Attachments

·
Registered
299 Posts
I own the HJC cl-sp and the HJC cs-r1. I prefer the cs-r1 because i have a more narrow face. Got the r1 on sale for 90 and the sp on sale for 140. both ventilate well, still noisy but you can ignore it. then picked up a dark smoke visor for 20$ very easy install and uninstall. soon going to pick up a mirrored visor for 35$ HJC products are very affordable and pretty well designed no problems yet with them

·
Registered
414 Posts
Im rocking a Bell.
I picked it for the air flow, in turn, is a bit noisy.
But here In the Texas heat, Ill take the noise.
lol
Ive had this one for a few seasons now and really like it.
Fit is excellent and has held up very well, even with the padding washings.

·
Registered
228 Posts
I have an RF1000, bit noisy but not too heavy, not too hot. It fogs easily in cool weather, which I don't have to deal with much down here.

I hear great things about the new Bell's, and the new HJC RPS-10.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I have Arai Corsair and would never get another one the side pod broke twice just from using and the cheek pads come loose oncein while and the bottom rubber I had to reglue. Love the quiet of it and fits perfect but will try something different next time.

·
Registered
64 Posts
I use a Shark RSI at the moment, nice lid, very good air flow and sealing around the visor. Doesn't ever fog , even when it's cold out or raining. Can't comment on noise, don't have anything to compare it to. I looked at Shoei, Arai, etc, but they're out to lunch as far as pricing goes, well, up here anyway. A shoei up here goes for ~$800.

·
Registered
256 Posts
Had 2 EXO-700s, not sure what's next. How long are you suppose to keep helmets 4 years?

ps- anyone try the new exo-750?

·
Registered
222 Posts
I wear a Joe Rocket RKT 101 Carbon - best looking, best fitting, and lightest helmet I've worn. I leave a dark smoke shield on it, and I only wear it during the day. New Enough has the copper color on closeout for $143:
http://www.newenough.com/street/closeouts/last_chance_bargains/joe_rocket/rkt_101_carbon_motorcycle_helmet.html

The other helmet I wear is an HJC IS-16; it's comfortable, versatile, and well-made. The IS-16 has an internal sun visor, so it works well for early morning rides to work. It is so convenient to not have to carry a separate shield!

1 - 20 of 68 Posts