RiderForums.com - Kawasaki Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been looking around trying to find a nice slip-on exhaust system for my bike. I feel like a lot of the exhaust systems out there for the 300 have mufflers that are just too big for the size of the bike. I think the smaller/lower mufflers fit the bike better so I have narrowed it down to a few choices; Competition Werks GP exhaust, an MGP Growler or the Brocks Performance VZ9 veloce? What do you guys think? I am really liking the looks of the brocks exhaust in the black finish, does anyone have any experience with the brocks systems?

Competition Werkes: 2013 Kawasaki Ninja 300 GP Exhaust

Brock's Performance: VZ9 Veloce Slip-on System with Electro-Black MufflerNinja 300 | Brock's Main Store

MGP Growler: Kawasaki, 2013-15 Ninja 300, MGP Exhausts, Hotbodies Racing

·
Banned
3,123 Posts
You might want to ask if your replacement is "street legal" or not.

And personally, I never have seen a small bike like that with replacement pipes that I thought sounded good.
Too often it ends up sounding like a lawn mower without a muffler.

·
Registered
10,325 Posts
I like the look of the brocks over the others. Keep in mind that if you live in a humid environment that condensation will collect in upturned pipes. Keep that in mind when choosing the material.

10% of the cost of the bike for exhaust slip on seems kinda steep to me. Might want to experiment with the stock exhaust first before dropping the cash.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
You might want to ask if your replacement is "street legal" or not.

And personally, I never have seen a small bike like that with replacement pipes that I thought sounded good.
Too often it ends up sounding like a lawn mower without a muffler.
Im not too worried about being street legal as long as the exhaust isn't obnoxiously loud. Theres a nice sound clip of the brocks system (although its the full system) that i think sounds pretty good. I know there will alway be some amount of the "lawn mower" sound being that this is a 300, but i didn't think this one sounded too bad.

·
Banned
3,123 Posts
I know there will alway be some amount of the "lawn mower" sound being that this is a 300, but i didn't think this one sounded too bad.
I guess I could agree with "not too bad".

It reminds me of the little economy cars with the "fartcan" mufflers.
Overall just kind of funny really.

If that's the best you can do, why waste the money......I mean REALLY.

·
Banned
1,598 Posts
I wouldn't touch a growler with a ten foot stick. I rode with one for 8 miles and refused to ride until I found stock exhaust to get me by. It was god awful loud.
I saved and bought the area p system with quite muffler.
I don't hear the exhaust when I'm going down the road. Has a nice smooth sound. Not too loud. Most people would probably not know it was an aftermarket system. Well worth the Money IMO. I've had loud exhausts on the 250. Nasty. Horrible.

·
Registered
2,313 Posts
Im not too worried about being street legal as long as the exhaust isn't obnoxiously loud. Theres a nice sound clip of the brocks system (although its the full system) that i think sounds pretty good. I know there will alway be some amount of the "lawn mower" sound being that this is a 300, but i didn't think this one sounded too bad.
I think it sounded pretty good - I didn't listen to it with a couple of 1" PC speakers like most people - I heard it through my digital 5.1 system. You have a small capacity, parallel twin...that's as good as you are going to get and forget the naysayers - it sounds fine.

·
Banned
1,598 Posts
I actually mounted a ninja 300 stock canister to my 250. Had a little louder sound. You could actually hear the exhaust at idle. Haha. Sounded good. I used to like loud, but now I prefer a quality sound. And on the quite side as well. My drz400 is too loud. I bought the insert and it helped a little. I will be buying a stock exhaust system for it soon and selling my full system. Its too loud. I can tell it annoys people at stop lights and in town. Its rude off road. Just too loud.

·
Registered
2,313 Posts
I actually mounted a ninja 300 stock canister to my 250. Had a little louder sound. You could actually hear the exhaust at idle. Haha. Sounded good. I used to like loud, but now I prefer a quality sound. And on the quite side as well. My drz400 is too loud. I bought the insert and it helped a little. I will be buying a stock exhaust system for it soon and selling my full system. Its too loud. I can tell it annoys people at stop lights and in town. Its rude off road. Just too loud.
You are getting old my friend...soon you will be on a porch in a rocking chair (blowing cones) and bemoaning the demise of motorcycles and regaling everyone with your memories of the golden years of biking when a bike sounded like a constipated fart..(you know I'm just yanking your chain ;)).

·
Banned
1,598 Posts
You are getting old my friend...soon you will be on a porch in a rocking chair (blowing cones) and bemoaning the demise of motorcycles and regaling everyone with your memories of the golden years of biking when a bike sounded like a constipated fart..(you know I'm just yanking your chain ;)).
Noooo, that sounds like easy rider.

I wanna be that old guy that you walk by his porch you smell weed.

·
Registered
2,313 Posts
Noooo, that sounds like easy rider.

I wanna be that old guy that you walk by his porch you smell weed.
Blowing cones....maybe it's an Oz thing...but what you said is exactly what I meant.

Edit: Google smoking cones.

·
Registered
8,691 Posts
I've been sold on the Leo Vince brand for a long time. They may not always make the most power, but the sound quality is excellent. The three systems I've had from them all came with ec/ece approval. Means nothing to us in the usa, but it does say the company cares about meeting noise requirements.

The last thing you want, on a 28 hps bike, is to turn it into a 29hp bike that all the cops notice. The noise might not, in itself, cause the ticket. It will cause him to look up from his laptop and see you.

Just a wild guess, I dont believe Easy Rider would be caught near a joint. For us older guys, its very tough to get by the stigma that was associated with pot smoking.

If you watch the tv show Aquarius, guys like Charles Mansons gang were the pot smokers. For us, it was pretty much ok to drink too much alcohol and beat up your wife. The cops might suggest you stay in separate places, for that night, but no one was going to jail. It was also 100% ok to have a dr write script after script of Valium. Thats legal. But pot? Are you serious? We were taught pot, coke, heroin, pcp, mescaline, all that stuff was one and the same. Obviously, the govt lied, again, but the messages were strong.

Im not suggesting easy does any of this. I will say, 100% sure, he doesn't. But when I think of smoking pot, those images flash in my mind and I cannot imagine a normal, everyday person smokign pot. Our brains just dont register that.

·
Registered
2,313 Posts
I've been sold on the Leo Vince brand for a long time. They may not always make the most power, but the sound quality is excellent. The three systems I've had from them all came with ec/ece approval. Means nothing to us in the usa, but it does say the company cares about meeting noise requirements.

The last thing you want, on a 28 hps bike, is to turn it into a 29hp bike that all the cops notice. The noise might not, in itself, cause the ticket. It will cause him to look up from his laptop and see you.

Just a wild guess, I dont believe Easy Rider would be caught near a joint. For us older guys, its very tough to get by the stigma that was associated with pot smoking.

If you watch the tv show Aquarius, guys like Charles Mansons gang were the pot smokers. For us, it was pretty much ok to drink too much alcohol and beat up your wife. The cops might suggest you stay in separate places, for that night, but no one was going to jail. It was also 100% ok to have a dr write script after script of Valium. Thats legal. But pot? Are you serious? We were taught pot, coke, heroin, pcp, mescaline, all that stuff was one and the same. Obviously, the govt lied, again, but the messages were strong.

Im not suggesting easy does any of this. I will say, 100% sure, he doesn't. But when I think of smoking pot, those images flash in my mind and I cannot imagine a normal, everyday person smokign pot. Our brains just dont register that.
I love your posts...(edited for mass consumption)...it's all good.. :swink:

·
Registered
3,348 Posts
I would recommend Leo Vince, Two Brothers or Yoshimura due to fit and finish as well as overall quality. I realize they may be larger...but sound quality and overall performance are likely to be better as well.

·
Registered
3,348 Posts

The Yoshi pipes sound particularly good on those bikes IMO. https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=I0u_vRFHSeU

·
Registered
4 Posts
Go two brothers look good sound good got one on my 650r and 636 cheaper does the same thing as Vance Hines or whatever else it's only a 300 too don't need some crazy $1100 exhaust

1 - 20 of 22 Posts