RiderForums.com - Kawasaki Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I just got my 2007 and I need advice on a good, inexpensive, waterproof cover for it.

I keep my bike under an overhang out front of my house. During heavy rain water splashes up onto my bike. Also, lots of dust and other debris are going to fall on it over time.

Do you guys have any recommendations?

I found this one but their site wouldnt let me check out so I decided to ask some folks who should know a thing or two about these 650Rs. :cool:

·
Registered
561 Posts
Autozone size large. It's what I use when it's not in the garage. Works fine and fits like a glove.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Autozone size large. It's what I use when it's not in the garage. Works fine and fits like a glove.
Perfect! It's available locally and the price is just fine. Thanks for the quick response! :cool:

·
Registered
233 Posts
I use a webber bbq grill cover i got from home depot, works good for me

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
This is just fine for my purposes. Thanks again, Nolaninja.

·
Registered
615 Posts
that looks like the one i bought from wal-mart. if it is like it... it is not waterproof. resistant, but in hard rain, it will seep through.

·
Registered
561 Posts
Always been dry when my goes through a torrential downpour in Louisiana. Pull it off and jump right on.

·
Registered
293 Posts
I have the Nielson Rigg cover, bought from Motorcyclegear.com, http://www.motorcyclegear.com/parts/closeouts/accessories/nelson_rigg/falcon_defender_3000_motorcycle_cover.html

I went with the Large for the 650, and found that the med is almost too small for my liking on the 250. But I use these covers in the garage to keep the dust off. But have the covers for when we go on a road trip and want to cover for the night.....
Ninja 650 and CBR600 with Large covers

Ninja 250 with Med cover

These are not the very light weight nylon tent like material, they are a light weight canvas. Had the light weight nylon, it only lasted 3 months before getting shredded by the cat. These are going on 6 months and no signs of cat with the heavier material.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I purchased the VIP Advanced Cover System from Empire Covers. It is 100% waterproof and the best cover they offer. I'm impressed with it, its a quality, durable cover.
Its a little pricier, but they do offer another cover that is 100% waterproof and it is less expensive, it is called the Waterproof Motorcycle Cover. I almost got that one, but I decided to spend the little extra money for the better protection.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts