RiderForums.com - Kawasaki Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm shopping for some new tires. Just wondering what you would recommend..

·
Registered
969 Posts
there are tons of threads on this one . . . what are you looking for, mileage, grip or somewhere in between?

·
Registered
929 Posts
Pilot Road 2ct's now, and previously Shinko Raven 009's

both tires did extremely well.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yes just some where in between.. couple other ppl have suggested the michelin pilot pures..

·
Registered
279 Posts
Pilot pures are good tires, but probably not the best for the Z, unless you do trackdays on a regular basis.
You probably won't get many miles out of them either.

·
Registered
145 Posts
pilot road 2'sthey are definitely awesome!

·
Registered
129 Posts
I'm using Continental Conti-attack on front and Michelin Pilot power in the rear. So far so good. My buddy says to match up tires but I'm from the dirt bike world where I pick what I like based on feel. I know what i want my front and rear to do. Matching tires rarely do that for me on dirt. Haven't ridden enough street or tried enough different tires to know any difference between the 2 approaches.

·
Registered
969 Posts
Pilot pures are good tires, but probably not the best for the Z, unless you do trackdays on a regular basis.
You probably won't get many miles out of them either.
Your probably right about the mileage part but ive heard of some people getting around 5k on the rear pushing them pretty hard.

If your looking for longer life, try the pilot roads. Im looking to put a set of pures on for my next set.

·
Registered
250 Posts
I've got about 4k on my Pilot Road 2's and it is just starting to show a little wear. I have pushed them and they have not let me down at all. For quite a while I was just riding canyons exclusively. 12 miles on straight roads to get to them but then all twisties. Never a slip or anything. It has finally cooled down and now the canyons are full of tourists and locals taking pictures of the leaves ready to turn. I have to admit that I will not push as hard when the weather cools down due to the people and also because the tire is not as warm as it would be if it was hotter. A few days have started off in the low 40's and it's just going to get cooler. I now take some rides around town with the occasional canyon ride. Hoping to get 8k or more from this tire and I think it's definitely doable.

·
Registered
1,567 Posts
I was rather displeased with the Conti Road attacks I put on my 03. They slipped a lot in turns especially when under power. Horrible on wet roads.

·
Registered
271 Posts
Just installed a set of the Continental Motions ($155.99 including shipping from Motosport). No issues after 4 days in the mountains.

I'll keep you posted on the wear.

·
Registered
666 Posts
Used Pilot 2Cts and liked them a lot. Then got the Bt-016s (190/55 rear) for considerably less money and loved them as well, have done a track day and flogged Deals Gap on them and found them to be very sticky/stable. If you ride in the wet the 2cts will be better with their big siphons all the way to the edge, but I like how the 016s have a slick-like profile on the edges for maximum traction. I seem to go through two rears to one front and after almost 4k miles the rear 016 is in need of replacement.

·
Registered
44 Posts
stockers have lasted all 5300miles with plenty of tread still left...granted i only rode about 1100 of those miles and never tracked it...

1 - 16 of 16 Posts