RiderForums.com - Kawasaki Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was tooling down the highway a couple of days ago at about 75 when I heard something clattering behind me. I looked back to see my license plate and my side mount frame skidding and tumbling on the pavement through traffic. I took the next exit, swung around on the service road, and after about 15 minutes of searching the shoulder, found it in the tall grass. I am really surprised that I heard it hit the ground! I stuck it in my back pocket and rode on to the biker bar/ custom bike shop. I asked the parts guy if he had a shock-mounted side plate frame but all he had was a $250 axle-mounted one. I did want to hassle with that (or pay him to install it) and after I told him what kind of bike it was going on he quickly lost interest in helping me. So I wandered over to the service bay and mooched a couple of zip ties from the guy to get me home.

Good times...

·
Registered
975 Posts
Punishment from the motorcycle gods for sporting a car tire..? ;) LoL

·
Registered
1,561 Posts
I still have one for sale, and I have sold several to some guys on here and no one has broke one yet. ( I have tested mine to over triple digits and no problems). check it out in the for sale section here: http://www.riderforums.com/showthread.php?t=60015
not sure if I am going to have any more made any time soon and its the last one I have (besides the one I use)

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks, Mike. Texas requires a lighted plate. I had LED plate bolts on the last one, but figured I'd just kill 2 birds with 1 stone. I bought this one. Has a nice chrome face plate, too. Maybe I won't bang the vertical plate on so many things...

·
Registered
3,809 Posts
I used the kurakyn LED bolts and they snapped off in 2 weeks and I had a similar experience of flying plate and frame. Unfortunately it was one of the lit frames so it also ripped out the brake and running light wires too. I've had custom dynamics LED bolts ever since and haven't had an issue.

·
Registered
1,570 Posts
You heard it clang behind you? Only leaves me with one thought...you need louder pipes! :D :D :D

1 - 7 of 7 Posts