RiderForums.com - Kawasaki Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi i have a z1000 07 with 636 05-06 forks and zx10r gold calipers but i want to change the look of the tokito calipers and was wondering if any other calipers will work ? i saw here someone with yamaha r6 calipers but cant find link

·
Registered
188 Posts
I think the zx6,10 people upgrade to the zx14 calipers, which are also the same as the newer z1000 ones. Nissins. Somes other bikes use them too. From what I've read, they have a pretty good reputation.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks man I have the zx14r at my job I can use but I wanna try the r6 r model but not sure what caliper brakes more

·
Registered
188 Posts
I'm looking for some calipers for my 05-06 forks swap too, so I have been doing a little reading on caliper choices. Those zx guys seem to be pretty into the 14 calipers. I have seen some people using the CBR1000 calipers too. They seemed pretty happy with those also. Those cbr1000 calipers are usually easier to find than the zx14 calipers but I think the downside is that you have to use a small spacer to mount on 05-06 zx6r forks. The availability thing might not be an issue for you if your work has an abundant amount of different bikes to take parts off of. By the way, what does your work want for the zx14 calipers? If you don't use them, maybe I could get my little grubbys on them. I'm at the part collecting stages.

·
Registered
21 Posts
What about yzf r6 calipers and the zx14 rotors? Ive read alot the work together but my calipers have inserts that dont fit in the forks! Do they have to come out? Or do I need the spacers..i choose this rout becuse ive read its a direct fit? I know I can fit the rotors but I havvnt got them yet to check???

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Actually you can use yamaha R1 04 05 06 but the little spacer needs to be shaved down also you need zx14r rotors because the R1 caliper go in but need a bigger rotor. Also the yamaha rotors are better design as one piece rotor so won't get as hot as Suzuki that are 2 piece

1 - 7 of 7 Posts