RiderForums.com - Kawasaki Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My bike only has 4,770 miles, and I only ride less than 3,000 miles per year. I bought the bike 4 years ago with 1,000
miles on it. I've had 0 issues so far. But the bike will be 14 years old soon. I'm just wondering about age related issues?
Thank you.

·
Registered
999 Posts
Tires and battery would be my first concern. Note the maintenance schedule calls for miles and/or time period for people like yourself who don't ride a lot. Tires rot, even when not used a lot, and batteries die quick if they're not on a trickle charger.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Tires and battery would be my first concern. Note the maintenance schedule calls for miles and/or time period for people like yourself who don't ride a lot. Tires rot, even when not used a lot, and batteries die quick if they're not on a trickle charger.
I haven’t had any issues with my battery when left for a month or two. My sister’s Harley on the other hand... has a stock alarm system that drains the battery if not plugged in. But best case for longer storage is to put the bike on stands or roll it every once in awhile to prevent flat spots. Change the oil at least once a year and roll. Also, lubricate your cables and chain.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts