RiderForums.com - Kawasaki Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi im new here and need some advice on what handle bar to get for my
z1000 07 that i just got . I had a zx10r 05 so this is a little different for me but i love the look , anyways the bike right now has the handle bar damaged and i feel like its to high for me im still young i guess and like the more sportbike feel what do you guys recommend?

Here are some pics of the bike at my job where i got it from .

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Also anyone know where i can get the parts for the back of the bike its hard finding parts. thank you .

·
Registered
346 Posts
Handlebars, cant help ya, I'm still rollin stock! But there are plenty of members here who will chime in eventually!! Parts list check with babbitsonline.com, ronayers.com, bikebandit.com or kawasakipartsnation.com/ all oem parts sites. This should put you in the right direction and get you started. :alcy:

·
Registered
426 Posts
It looks like you have renthal dirt bars of some type. I, and a lot of others have renthal ultra lows and really like them.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well thank very much for all the help I'm gonna order the renthals you mention . I saw here someone with sport bike handle bars but lost the link .

·
Registered
1,567 Posts
Suburban Machinery is the "sport bike" style ones you are refering to. The link was on the lst page or so of the "show you pictures" thread.

I would post it for you, but the internet at work is really slow.

·
Registered
2,779 Posts
I prefer the stock handlebars... but I'm older and don't like being on my wrists all day... As far as the tail section goes, the OEM rear cowls are hard to find for the 2007 model as they were discontinued. Some people buy the white 2008 cowl and have them painted. Babbits Online can get the tail plastic for you.

There are 5 pieces in total (not including the cowl):

36040 SKU: 36040-0043-17K
COVER-TAIL,CNT,FR,M.BLACK 1 $24.23

36040A SKU: 36040-0044-17K
COVER-TAIL,CNT,RR,M.BLACK 1 $37.13

36040B SKU: 36040-0071-17K
COVER-TAIL,SIDE,LH,M.BLACK 1 $103.58

36040C SKU: 36040-0072-17K
COVER-TAIL,SIDE,RH,M.BLACK 1 $103.58

36040D SKU: 36040-0077-17K
COVER-TAIL,LWR,M.BLACK 1 $91.02

·
Registered
1,311 Posts
I put on ProTaper SE's in the Ricky Carmichael bend. They are very low, flat and wide. Black, of course. I went with Protaper because they had all the measurements on their site and made it easy to choose. They are also significantly cheaper than Renthal and they're the same thing. Go figure.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Noooo Shi$$$4 discontinued parts lol . It makes sence why i cant find the parts used on ebay . I been in ebay italy and UK ebay and found the rear footpegs but no rear plastics. I guess im just gonna order the parts new from dealer..... i can get them cheaper then the price you showed thank you for part numbers . Im gonna see how much that handle bar is Rhinothekind. Thank you

·
Registered
60 Posts
hey johnny try doing a search for clip ons, some pple in here have them...they clip to your fork tubes and will give u the riding positioin you want...never tried them myself though....and there are pics in here of them on the bikes.....

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Clip on that is true i just wish there was a company where i can see them . We sell clip on but im not sure if its the same

·
Registered
171 Posts
I used the Pro Taper risers with a set of Buell Clubman Bars off the CR. really handled great and gave it the sportbike feel. The only draw to this is you can't use the plastic covers that snap in behind the fairing.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts