RiderForums.com - Kawasaki Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
346 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently purchased a set of Jardine forward controls but have a problem w/ my leg hitting my Hypercharger Pro intake. I'm only 5'8", I love the way my left leg feels on the forwards but hate the right side. I've extended them out an 1-1/2" which made it a little better but not much.

What intakes are y'all using that doesn't interfere with your leg? Or am I just too short to keep my Jardines? I've searched but would like everybody's opinion.

·
Registered
3,809 Posts
Anything but the hypercharger doesn't stick out. They didn't think it through on the design of it, just slapped it on without any fitment tests and sent it to production. None of the other intakes stick out like that.

·
Registered
674 Posts
I'm your height and I have a Barons intake and Mapam forwards on my bike. My right knee just slightly hits the air filter cover. The Thunder Tornado would probably be the one that would least interfere with your leg. The Jardine's stretch you out even further than the Mapam's and that would bring your leg closer in to the bike.

·
Registered
346 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I've narrowed it down to 3 intakes, but can't decide which one I think looks better...The kuryakyn corsair, forcewinder, or tornado intake.

·
Registered
3,809 Posts
They're all very similar in style and will all flow more than you need so the practical side of me would go with whichever you can get the best deal on.

Although I'd say the tornado is the most common on here so if you want to pay to be different the corsair is rarest with the forcewinder a close second.

·
Registered
346 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
That's why I've been thinking about the corsair, I like to be a little different. Just hope I can sell my hypercharger pro for a reasonable amount and not just give it away.

·
Registered
598 Posts
It is not only the intake that causes issues with us vertically challenged people. The wide tank is also an issue. With that said, would I change it......No way! I am nearing completion of our forward control project for the mean streak. It addresses some of the issue associated with intakes sticking into your leg.
I am not going to show what we have until we are ready to ship, which is very close.

·
Registered
346 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
How much is your forwards going to go for? Do they stretch your legs out as far as Jardines? Since I'm on the short side, I would like them a little closer to me. I might sell my jardines and buy a set of yours if the quality is there.

·
Registered
598 Posts
How much is your forwards going to go for? Do they stretch your legs out as far as Jardines? Since I'm on the short side, I would like them a little closer to me. I might sell my jardines and buy a set of yours if the quality is there.
Don't have the complete price point yet, but there are going to be two options of forward. Nearly the same as the MAPAMS were, and 1" forward. We are getting the final pieces prorotyped over the next couple of weeks and should have a pretty good idea of the price point by the last week in November at the latest. I am 5'7" and the distance the MAPAMS were are nealy perfect for me.

·
Registered
176 Posts
Don't have the complete price point yet, but there are going to be two options of forward. Nearly the same as the MAPAMS were, and 1" forward. We are getting the final pieces prorotyped over the next couple of weeks and should have a pretty good idea of the price point by the last week in November at the latest. I am 5'7" and the distance the MAPAMS were are nealy perfect for me.
Please tell me the 1" forward option will not have any additional rise over the stock controls.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts