RiderForums.com - Kawasaki Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I couldn't get access to this forum for two days? it has happened befor to.
is any one else had this?

·
Registered
1,326 Posts
Happens every other day or so for me... at least once a week I think.

·
Registered
10,328 Posts
Yep. Starting to remind me of the old ninja650 forums. We lost a lot of information when that site went down for good.

If you read any good tips on this site you might want to save them to your hard drive and back them up on DVD.

·
Registered
177 Posts
Lots of interesting discussions over at Kawiforums while this place was down. Enough that I didn't miss riderforums.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Lots of interesting discussions over at Kawiforums while this place was down. Enough that I didn't miss riderforums.
This forum does go down occasionally. +1 on KawiForums.

·
Registered
254 Posts
Yes it seems this site going down is a frequent thing:pcbash:. I use Kawi forums occasionally, but seems it's full of newbs posting the same questions/topics.

·
Registered
10,328 Posts
The BRP forum has better info and doesnt crash
BRPs site is nice, but seems to be geared more towards the wanna be SS riders than the sport touring riders. That is just my take on it.

·
Registered
384 Posts
Yup, this site goes down quite a bit. So when I need a forum fix, I mosey on over to the kawi forum.

·
Registered
1,701 Posts
BRPs site is nice, but seems to be geared more towards the wanna be SS riders than the sport touring riders. That is just my take on it.
I wouldn't say that at all.. BRP forum has more serious 650 NINJA people over there. and doesn't have all the know it all's that are common over here. BRP keeps his forum nice and organized while squids come and go at this site..

·
Registered
10,328 Posts
I wouldn't say that at all.. BRP forum has more serious 650 NINJA people over there. and doesn't have all the know it all's that are common over here. BRP keeps his forum nice and organized while squids come and go at this site..
Of course you wouldn't. Look at the list of ad on in your signature. Can you say SS bike?

·
Registered
414 Posts
Of course you wouldn't. Look at the list of ad on in your signature. Can you say SS bike?
Now, now...:nono:
Ive got a list too.
And mine is FAR from a SS bike.
On purpose.

·
Registered
1,701 Posts
umm not even close. maybe if i had a 100hp.. But I have my reasons for my mods.

·
Registered
10,328 Posts
umm not even close. maybe if i had a 100hp.. But I have my reasons for my mods.
Yes, we all have reasons for our mods. Mine is modded for sport touring. Yours is modded for carving corners and squeezing out all the power you can. I just stated that my perception was that BRP's forum was more for the folks who ride their bike more like an SS than a touring bike.

Peace.

·
Registered
1,358 Posts
Maybe its just that BRP forums are more performance oriented, since he used to race the 650, and that makes it seem like an SS forum.

You can still have a high performance touring bike ;)

·
Registered
39 Posts
I dunno, considering the costs of the mods, I think folks modding the heck out of 650Rs are doing so because they are doing what they like, rather than trying to be wannabe SS riders.

Heck, I can buy a used f4i right now for cheaper than I'm seeing used 650Rs in my area craigslist. But that is just an availability thing right now.

Motorcycling, to a lot of folks, is about personalization. I'm heavily debating right now if I want the 650R vs. the Gladius just because the Gladdie, despite its iffy looks, seems like the easiest to customize.

·
Registered
1,326 Posts
Motorcycling, to a lot of folks, is about personalization. I'm heavily debating right now if I want the 650R vs. the Gladius just because the Gladdie, despite its iffy looks, seems like the easiest to customize.
What is more customizable about the Gladius vs any other bike? If you're considering naked bikes the ER6N is basically the same as the 650R only naked.

·
Registered
2,679 Posts
I'm heavily debating right now if I want the 650R vs. the Gladius just because the Gladdie, despite its iffy looks, seems like the easiest to customize.
before i bought my 650r i really wanted a suzuki 650 (not an "s"), but i couldn't find a new one anywhere around here. sure, the gladius is essentially the ol' 650 in new clothes, but yer right, it's "iffy" to say the least. i don't usually diss bikes, but the gladius is, um, well, ok, it's girlie imho. LOLOL. but that's looks i'm talkin' about. performance-wise it's fine.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts