RiderForums.com - Kawasaki Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 944 Posts

·
Registered
3,460 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got this idea from the other forum and thought it might be a cool idea here. Basically, a lot of us do or buy stuff and don't necessarily want to create a new thread for it or it doesn't quite belong in another. It is much easier to just share quick. I didn't want to open this up with nothing so this is the last thing I got. I hope this isn't a repeat thread.

Reactions: sharper

·
Registered
1,004 Posts
How much was shipping for the kid? I hope the person you bought him from poked holes in the box!

Good idea for a thread, I don't think I've seen one on this forum- of course it comes after I have the bulk of my planned mods. ;)

·
Registered
3,460 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It seems kids like stacks of tires as much as boxes.

·
Registered
1,332 Posts
Just came in the mail yesterday

oh wait, wrong forum.

·
Registered
3,460 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
We will assume they are for you but please don't provide any detail on where you are sticking them.

·
Registered
313 Posts
Xpyron - That stack looks vaguely familiar ... sans kid of course. :) Next up, a new battery. It seems someone left their key on and killed the battery. It's been on a tender for 48 hours and no charge at all. I turned the key on and nothing. :(

Attachments

·
Registered
1,332 Posts
We will assume they are for you but please don't provide any detail on where you are sticking them.
On the ninja, obviously. Trying to confuse as many people as possible.

·
Registered
2,347 Posts
Didn't do it today, but did it on Wednesday - fitted Sport Bars on the Ninja 650 (with the able assistance of VW..actually, I kind of assisted and he did all the work)...love the feel. Looking forward to experiencing the handling difference on Sunday when I go for a spin to Talakag (Mindanao, Philippines).

·
Registered
3,460 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Xpyron - That stack looks vaguely familiar ... sans kid of course. Next up, a new battery. It seems someone left their key on and killed the battery. It's been on a tender for 48 hours and no charge at all. I turned the key on and nothing.
I ordered mine at separate times so I only had a shot of the first two. The second two were strictly for the 636 so I guess they don't belong here anyway. I would say time for a Shorai but that is not going to handle on key on condition either and will cost more to replace.

On the ninja, obviously. Trying to confuse as many people as possible.
I would have thought it is more beneficial the other way around. Make them think the 600 is a 650R? :)

·
Registered
1,332 Posts
I would have thought it is more beneficial the other way around. Make them think the 600 is a 650R? :)
That would make me un-cool. No body wants these "beginner bikes"

·
Registered
105 Posts
My Power Commander showed up today. Fender deletes should be here tomorrow, and Two Bro's Exhaust on Monday...

·
Registered
3,014 Posts
I think I am 200 miles late on my usual oil change.

·
Registered
3,460 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
OK, no kid pictures this time, just new rubber.

100_0705.JPG

100_0706.JPG

·
Banned
2,525 Posts
I don't know if I'm allowed to play in this school yard or not... but here goes....

Here's what i'm working on...mounted my new Q3s on my new (to me) spare set of black rims. Need to seat the bead, and balance. Also pic'd is my kit for this set of wheels. Then when I get these mounted I'll work on getting the tires ready for the next change!

LOL nothing like mounting my new tires in my LR....

Unfortunately the person I orded the rear brake stuff for shipped my parts to AZ and his customer service SUCKS. So I'll be posting about that for sure here to try to help people avoid this person. I'll also be posting about some other ebayers, like the people I ordered the rims from...just AWESOME!!!

·
Banned
4,318 Posts
I don't know if I'm allowed to play in this school yard or not... but here goes....

Here's what i'm working on...mounted my new Q3s on my new (to me) spare set of black rims. Need to seat the bead, and balance. Also pic'd is my kit for this set of wheels. Then when I get these mounted I'll work on getting the tires ready for the next change!

LOL nothing like mounting my new tires in my LR....

Unfortunately the person I orded the rear brake stuff for shipped my parts to AZ and his customer service SUCKS. So I'll be posting about that for sure here to try to help people avoid this person. I'll also be posting about some other ebayers, like the people I ordered the rims from...just AWESOME!!!

I know you dislike me and all of that, but it would have been better to seat the beads right away. You should be using some type of bead lube to mount the tires, and popping the beads out right away while the lube is still there requires less air pressure to make the bead pop on, which can be better for the tire.

Hope you lined the dot up with the valve stem.

Those wheels should look good on a mostly black bike.

·
Registered
3,460 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
We don't turn anyone away but you do understand this is in the 650 forum, right? I can't speak for anyone else but that usually means we are here because we are most interested in what other 650 riders are doing and buying.

BTW, you could try the ZX6R forum if you are looking for company, they are very active.

Reactions: Ozninjaguy

·
Banned
2,525 Posts
We don't turn anyone away but you do understand this is in the 650 forum, right? I can't speak for anyone else but that usually means we are here because we are most interested in what other 650 riders are doing and buying.

BTW, you could try the ZX6R forum if you are looking for company, they are very active.
XPyron here's what happens. I only use the Active Topics to participate on the forum. Since it doesn't categorize things very well, I really have no idea time to time what exact, precise, FQDN, URL, quantifiable forum it's in.

Yeah I guess I can look but the screen I'm using isn't that great, so it's not like it's all just there. Again, sorry to bust your bubble, but there are no rules against me posting in here anyway. About just about anything. Do you get my drift?

I love 650s btw. I think they're awesome. I'd love to ride one, but I just don't know any one with one. They're great looking bike, they're quick, they're sporty, who doesn't love twin exhaust notes? What's left? That's where I stand. That's about the best I can do.

1 - 20 of 944 Posts