RiderForums.com - Kawasaki Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
177 Posts
I probably would have bought a 250 myself if they were fuel injected. I love small engine bikes and the 250R is a beautiful machine but I'm done with carburetors.

·
Registered
540 Posts
very interesting indeed. kind of a reversal there. i find the 250 way too small for me. you know honda is coming out with a 250?

·
Registered
2,679 Posts
yep, interesting. most riders pine for something larger - more CCs, more cylinders, bigger tires, bigger numbers on the speedo - LOLOL.

i bought my 650 in august of 09, but kept my kawi vulcan 1600 cruiser.i have ridden the cruiser only 1,000 miles since, while racking up nearly 13K on the ninja. LOL.

have fun and be safe, whichever bike you ride.

honda 250

·
Registered
177 Posts
very interesting indeed. kind of a reversal there. i find the 250 way too small for me. you know honda is coming out with a 250?
Yeah, the honda does look interesting. Fuel injected and I happen to like thumpers also. It's a bit down on HP compared to the Kawi, but that's ok. We don't know the price yet. Kawi sells the 250 ninja at cost because most of them upgrade to ZX6R's after a year. Unless honda has the same strategy, that bike will fail to make it in the market.

I rode a Yamaha WR250R dual purpose and that thing was a nimble little fuel injected high strung rocket. (relatively speaking) Super fun. I might buy one for a 2nd bike to replace my pig of a KLR650.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Cool, I ride my sisters Ninja 250 to the local school parking lot so she can practice, it reminds me of a pocket bike!!! Fun but I love my 650R

·
Registered
3,460 Posts
I went from a 250R to a 650R. I will not be going back. The only benefits were that it felt slightly nimbler and the mirrors did not vibrate as much. Supposedly, there is a fix to the latter which I still havent found.

·
Registered
293 Posts
Having both the 250 and 650 in the garage now, I love the power of the 650, but there is no doubt that the 250 is the funner bike to ride around town. On the hwy, longer distances, the 650.....

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I am keeping the 650R. Yes I'm aware of the Honda. But since it says "Honda" on it, that will probably mean the price will be very high. My guess-$5399MSRP and $6199 with ABS. Of course I could be wrong. And it's a single cylinder. I had a KLR650 and didn"t like the way it made power. I called it the diesel. Lots of low end torque, but very low redline.

·
Registered
222 Posts
Congrats on the new bike. I am considering adding a second bike to the stable, but I am leaning toward a dual sport like the KLR 650.

·
Registered
11 Posts
It is a very nice looking bike. I too have been wanting a second bike, but I'm leaning towards a cruiser 750+ just to mix things up a bit. how much did you pay out the door if you don't mind me asking?

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter #17 (Edited)
It is a very nice looking bike. I too have been wanting a second bike, but I'm leaning towards a cruiser 750+ just to mix things up a bit. how much did you pay out the door if you don't mind me asking?
$4600. Yes i know that's not a deal to brag about. But it it new and SE paint-just what I wanted. I looked at used ones '09 and '10 with low mileage, and there's not too much difference in price. The price of this bike is so low, percentages do not make much of a difference. Let's say you save 15% buying one that is a year old-a whopping $690. But 15% off a Gold Wing used versys new, now that's a big savings-a few thousand. And since I had to finance, a few hundred dollars won't make much difference to the payment on a 2 year loan. I'll pay an extra 30 or 35 bucks a month for a bike I KNOW it hasn't been abused.

·
Registered
125 Posts
$4600. Yes i know that's not a deal to brag about. But it it new and SE paint-just what I wanted.

They saw you comin a mile away, huh? I would call the Houston PD and ask them to bring you a rape kit.

And insult to injury.
And since I had to finance, a few hundred dollars won't make much difference to the payment on a 2 year loan.
:laugh:

Paid $4400 OTD last month on a NEW in crate 2009 ER-6N. Best $4400 cash I ever spent... of course it is hardly stock now and hardly street legal :)

·
Registered
2,679 Posts
I went from a 250R to a 650R. I will not be going back. The only benefits were that it felt slightly nimbler and the mirrors did not vibrate as much. Supposedly, there is a fix to the latter which I still havent found.
LOL. "suck it up" is the best fix, and look behind you if you're not sure. i think my mirrors are finally situated ok, but they're certainly not perfect.

·
Registered
293 Posts
I paid $3850 OTD in july for our '09. I was all set to buy a blue one for $3700, SE in green was another $100ish dollar upgrade...... Well I did it, the green has grown on me.

Actually bought the little 250 for my daughter, she really wanted that green.

I spent all summer looking at used bikes, everyone wanted $3500-4200.... The ones I found for $2500 where older, or beat up.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts