RiderForums.com - Kawasaki Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5,144 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
"New" being a subjective word of course. A new-to-me bike would be more correct. And it's a year older than the ZR-7S so perhaps I should have titled it "I bought an older used bike."

It's an '03 Honda ST1300 ABS. Yes, I know, it's not a Kawasaki, but the 7S is not in the same class as the ST when it comes to comfort cruising and power. Plus I can keep up easier when I am out with the ZX14's and FJR's I've toured with...

Just a tad over 65,000km on it, and a few farkles (Oxford heated grips & jacket, Givi top case.) The kicker is getting insurance now just to be able to get the title changed, registered & ride it home (it's about 100km away) to basically put it away until the Spring. I'd rather of got insurance on it in the Spring and saved a few $$ over the Winter, but I would have had to try and find a way to trailer it home and then paid extra to get new plates in the Spring ( I'd have to turn in plates when transferring the title if it wasn't also registered for the road which requires valid insurance.)

No plans currently to sell the ZR-7S as I want to see how I like the ST first, so they can be stablemates over the Winter and we'll see what happens next Summer. It will put a hold on any of the farkles I had planned for the 7S as I move to a farkle list and a to do list on the ST.

Givi top case not shown.

·
Registered
5,144 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Nice find, effortless power, comfort and still a Sportbike.
I'm finding that some of the OEM farkles I'd like are no longer available for purchase from Honda, nor can I get them aftermarket. Guess that happens with an older bike (even thought they made them basically unchanged until they ceased production in 2013.) It's a good thing they still make a bedazzler. ;)

·
Registered
5,144 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The do say the S in the ST stands for Sport ..... and they classify the zr7s as a sport tour as well for insurance purposes. <shrug>

Plus the ST wheelies easier than the zr7s.

·
Registered
5,144 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I agree in the tourer, but not in the cruiser bit.

ST @ the track.

·
Registered
1,665 Posts
Looks sporty to me. Higher handlebar is Touring like. Seeing comfort when a Rider is on. Good leg room, wind protection, upright sitting position.
Low mileage for this large bore bike. Has next level of tech, fuel injectors and a shaft drive nice.
Worthy next bike after a ZR7s. If you do any Vlogs on the ride, their cool to watch.

Be many good used parts if its necessary to replace damaged parts.

·
Premium Member
2,192 Posts
Well there it is; as I said, you finally got your heavy tourer. I like the idea of stablemates. I eventually stripped my 7 down to the riding essentials to make it my "light" bike for when you want to just tool around. The 14 was just too heavy to have fun on everyday, but boy could it haul the mail in the worst weather conditions. I'm glad I have the 7 plus whatever else is my fancy. Also as I've said, may add the new 1000SX next year.

I like your choice and the color is excellent. It's a rare bird.

·
Registered
5,144 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
It's already started to be farkled. I suspect today's commute to work will be the last of the year as we are expecting a mess of stuff starting in a couple hours. Environment Canada (the national weather service here) has issues a warning.

"
Rain and snow followed by colder temperatures expected over New Brunswick.

A low pressure system is expected to bring rain to southern New Brunswick beginning this afternoon with snow expected over northern regions. The rain/snow boundary will likely be across central New Brunswick. Rainfall amounts of 15 to 30 millimetres are possible over southern sections with 5 to 10 centimetres of snow possible for the northern and central areas of the province by Friday morning.

As colder air moves into the province from the north on Friday, flurries or periods of snow are forecast give an additional 5 to 10 centimetres of snow to central and eastern areas of the province. Reduction to visibility could create potentially hazardous driving conditions Friday afternoon and evening.

Saturday will be mainly sunny but remain cold across the province as temperatures will struggle to reach the freezing mark in many areas.

Please continue to monitor alerts and forecasts issued by Environment Canada. To report severe weather, send an email to [email protected] or tweet reports using #NBStorm."

1 - 9 of 9 Posts