RiderForums.com - Kawasaki Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
10,328 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I decided to put the stock bars back on the bike and I think they work the best for the type of riding I do. I did go with the touring double bubble to handle the air flow better.

In the 3 years (13,000 miles) I've owned this bike, I've had Sportbars V2, SM bars, SM bars with risers, adjustable Laverda bars, and european bend bars. I might try the risers with the stock bars to see what that changes.

I think I like the bike better setup more like a supermoto or sport tourer, than an SS.

·
Registered
540 Posts
because your a new member. I believe you need 5 or 10 posts before you can start your own. quit hijacking threads :)

·
Registered
95 Posts
I decided to put the stock bars back on the bike and I think they work the best for the type of riding I do. I did go with the touring double bubble to handle the air flow better.

In the 3 years (13,000 miles) I've owned this bike, I've had Sportbars V2, SM bars, SM bars with risers, adjustable Laverda bars, and european bend bars. I might try the risers with the stock bars to see what that changes.

I think I like the bike better setup more like a supermoto or sport tourer, than an SS.
I have the V3 sport bars, it tweaked my body posture to where I prefer. Enough to get me out of the wind on the highway and I can still sit up straight for a rest. At least there are lots of choices to customize the posture per your requirements.

·
Registered
72 Posts
I might try the risers with the stock bars to see what that changes.
I'm curious on how that turns out. Were the SM bars with risers higher or lower than stock?

·
Registered
10,328 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I'm curious on how that turns out. Were the SM bars with risers higher or lower than stock?
They were lower than stock. I put them on risers so I could slant them down more without hitting anything, to feel more like clip ons above the triples. For me they were too far forward on the bike compared to my friends ZZR 600 riding position.

·
Registered
414 Posts
Here is my six fiddy with dirty bars and the factory barends back on.
I got some nylon inserts from G2 Ergonomics so I could keep them on.
http://www.oemcycle.com/Item/product/8558/PU/0635-0461/Nylon_Handguard_Mounts

Between the braced bars, nylon inserts and the rubber dampened barend
weights, I have less vibration then there was stock.

I wish I had taken a better "before after" shot or two.
Here is the stock bars sitting behind the renthal streetfighter bars.
They are right at the same height, more straight across and about
6in wider over all. (I think, maybe 5in)

All said and done...
Width is what I was going for. The stock bars were way too narrow
for my liking.
This has made a big difference in the wrist and back issues I had.

I know trying to find the right set up that you are looking for can
become an even bigger pain in the butt, then what is trying to be
fixed in wrist, arms and back.

Good luck and I hope you get it worked out soon.
This is what Ive found that keeps me in the saddle for as long as I want.

·
Registered
86 Posts

Laverda bars!!! I haven't seen those in a while. And I sure didn't expect to read anything about Laverdas on the 650R forum. Buy that man a gelato! :righton:

I also like the stock bars for the type of riding I do on the 650R, mostly commuting/touring, for what it's worth.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts