RiderForums.com - Kawasaki Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is kind of a continuation of an earlier thread. For gigles, I removed the stock exhast can from my ZR7S and weighed it - it weighed about 10 lbs. (From the looks of it, I thought it would be heavier.) Then to compare I pulled the Vance & Hines Supersport exhaust can off of my ZX11 - it weighed 5 lbs.

Has anyone weighed (or could you weigh) your after-market exhast can (whether its Yoshimura, D&D, Holeshot or whatever). I'd like to get an idea of how much weight I would lose by going to an after-market can. By the way, do any of these cans include a replacement (read "lighter") lead-in pipe?

- Woody

PS - I thought the stock exhaust can would be steel. But it is either aluminum, or some aluminum alloy - a magnet will not stick to it. If it were steel, it would.

·
Registered
374 Posts
I didn't weigh mine, but my 'hand' scale says that my replacement (Jardine RT-One) was much lighter than stock, which makes sense as less material is involved.

I thought the stock can (49 State version) was stainless steel. I don't think stainless will attract a magnet, its not ferrous.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Geez! Titanium, and Carbon Fiber!!! Are you guys made out of money? ;]

Maybe the lower class will be around in a little bit to talk about their aluminum cans.

- Woody

1 - 9 of 9 Posts