RiderForums.com - Kawasaki Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Dirty Harry.... Moderator
9,816 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Just curious about this one from the Daily Ride section, what kind of weapons do you guys and gals own? Personally, I carry a government issued Sig Sauer 228 (a small 9mm pistol, w/13 rd. mag.) Soon to be replaced with an H&K .40 cal., with 12 rd. mag. My personal choice would be a small Glock .40. Tom :cool:

·
West Coast Moderator
12,996 Posts
Most of my personal firearms are small caliber rifles. I did a lot of varmit hunting before moving to So.Cal. I have a Marlin lever, a Marlin stainless bolt and an old Stevens tube fed semi-auto with a single shot option that I got from my dad. My favorite is my Thompson Contender "Super 14" (14" barrell) in 30-30. :) For work I carry a "Skillcraft" in blue/black. More lethal to some folks' careers than any caliber firearm!

·
Registered
35 Posts
Jeez Tom, that can be a touchy subject for some of us.:D If I list all that I own, you would probably be very scared. Everything I own is legal, but not politcally correct. Outside of my main love for collecting Garands, I will leave the rest to everybody's imagination. :D .

Regards,
Hootbro

·
Registered
988 Posts
No comment

:)

·
Registered
70 Posts
I'm with Hootbro. Somethings are better left unsaid. I think most of you have seen the pic of my doberman, does she count?

·
Dirty Harry.... Moderator
9,816 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hootbro said:
Jeez Tom, that can be a touchy subject for some of us.:D If I list all that I own, you would probably be very scared. Everything I own is legal, but not politcally correct. Outside of my main love for collecting Garands, I will leave the rest to everybody's imagination. :D .

Regards,
Hootbro
Yes it can, I wasn't thinking of the real collectors and gun enthusiasts when I asked the question. It was more out of curiousity on what the riders have for just personal protection. I need to think before I approach this here keyboard. Tom ;)

·
Registered
1,722 Posts
I agree with Hootbro too. Let's just say I must have financed a new lathe or something for ArmaLite Corp. Got some fun Russian stuff too. As for personal carry, I took the mandatory instruction class here in VA, but never followed up with the permit. So I don't carry. I just stay away from bad situations with a twist of the right hand. :)

Anybody seen Blackhawk Down yet? Good movie. bang bang-

kelly

·
Registered
35 Posts
Tom Bozeman said:

Yes it can, I wasn't thinking of the real collectors and gun enthusiasts when I asked the question. It was more out of curiousity on what the riders have for just personal protection. I need to think before I approach this here keyboard. Tom ;)
Ahh, in that case, I have a Safari Arms 1911 .45 ACP clone for the old "home defense". Only problem is that I find it eats to much ammo. :D

Hootbro

·
Silver Member
881 Posts
Whilst I can't see the point of weapons in a civilised society, I did live/work most of the 90's in Papua New Guinea, which is far from civilised. Razor wire, rape gates, barred windows etc etc.

Most of the guys carried auto's. Loaded them with needle/hollow/needle/hollow coz it took a lot to stop the local Rascals when they were juiced up.

One of the most effective weapons tho' was a flare gun. I have seen one burn a hole right through a guy from close range. Nasty stuff. And even in Oz its technically not illegal to own/carry one.

Z

·
0 Posts
Sig-Sauer P220 45ACP...''The Monster" :D , mind you I don't carry this one by choice...I carry what they give me:rolleyes: ...if I had a choice, it would be a mini-Glock in the 45ACP...I'd rather use my mind and verbal ability than have to pull out "The Monster" though...:)

Ride Safe!

Pete
:cool:

·
Registered
50 Posts
I don't own any guns. That doesn't mean that I'm completely unarmed though.

My weapon only works after I have eaten Mexican food. Unfortunately, gas warfare has been outlawed by the Geneva convention.

It might have another use in making my bike go faster as the air intake is under the seat.

·
Registered
1,111 Posts
I don't know too much about firearms, but I have always loved the looks of a 9mm Beretta. I'm told that they are dated, but if there's such thing as a "pretty" pistol, the Beretta is it. I think a company called Parabellum or something made one that was particularly cool.

But I can't let myself get into that hobby. I spend too much on motorcycles and cars, I don't need to dig another financial hole for myself with guns. Last I saw at my local outfitters, their cheapest Beretta was still selling for $600.

I like Tammy's question, though-- do dogs count? My last wolf hybrid once killed a bull and cornered many a stranger, she was a weapon to me.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts