RiderForums.com - Kawasaki Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys i wannted to share some info on the vulcan 900 kickstand. like a year ago i got tire of worring if the bike would not tip over eversence i lower the back with the 11.5" shocks so i replaced the meanstreak kickstand for the vulcan 900 classic kickstand which is like 1" shorted and all worries are gone i can park anywere without worring and the bike looks in the rigth place.

·
Registered
975 Posts
Yup. We were talking about that semi recently cuz forum member Sono had installed one on his.

Back to the subject of the VTX Shocks and kickstand replacement...

I got the 900 Classic kickstand in the mail today and it measured 8 inches whilst the stock stand measures 9 inches. I was pleasantly surprised to get the spring with the stand as the seller originally told me that it only would come with the bolt. I did like that the spring was black because the stock one is silver. Anyway, $25 shipped was a good deal.

Here's the lean angle before. Sorry the pics aren't exactly taken in the same place or position, but you can see a difference... at least I can see a difference!

Here's the lean angle after.

·
Registered
388 Posts
Thanks GEO. I've been thinking about getting one of those shorter kickstands. Have to check eBay right away...

Edit: Found one and bought it. :)

·
Registered
92 Posts
does it matter what year of 900?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts