RiderForums.com - Kawasaki Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5,091 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Came across this tiny wiper for helmet visors - still in a kickstarter campaign according to their website https://wipey.com/ . Thought it was a nifty idea and wanted to share. No idea if it really works :) Guess I'll continue to wipe my screen with my glove finger as required or do the obligatory head turn left then head turn right to have the air blow the water off.

·
Registered
988 Posts
I have solved this issue simply by not riding in the rain :)

·
Registered
5,091 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I have solved this issue simply by not riding in the rain :)
That must really suck when you are out driving and it decides to rain and you're left sitting on the side of the road :)

·
Premium Member
2,185 Posts
I'm a head turner myself; never even thought about needing a wiper. At least the prototype has a smooth and positive movement. Pretty decent motor running on a CR123 looks like. BUT I wonder how it does at 70mph?

·
Registered
1,395 Posts
Interesting concept. To me it doesn't look any dumber than the helmet cam's I see more and more of. Performance in the wind probably is determined a lot by the windshield/air flow/turbulence at the face shield. I think it needs a base clip so the overall unit can be mounted/unmounted easily. I wouldn't want the extra weight on the helmet all the time. Also, I use a flip face Shoei so it wouldn't work for me anyway.

Guess I'm stuck with the wiper on my left glove thumb as I have been for 30 years...thank you Aerostitch!

And if you NEVER ride in the rain, as OBO implied, don't get too far from home!

·
Registered
282 Posts
I have a glove from speed and strenght that had a built in thumb wiper on the left which I totally miss now😑

·
Registered
5,091 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Unlike a car, you don't really have to have a wiper on a helmet. Heck, in some places you don't even need a helmet.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts