RiderForums.com - Kawasaki Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 125 Posts
Z

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Guys and Gals of VA and NC! :D

Would anyone be interested in getting to gether this spring/summer for a ride along the Blue Ridge Parway for a day or two or three....:D ???

We all could meet (meat?) somewhere on the border and make a run for the hills! :laugh:

Pete

:angel:

·
Dirty Harry.... Moderator
9,816 Posts
Sounds good to me. I live in Fayetteville, NC about a 4 hour ride from Asheville and the Blue Ridge Parkway. I've been on the parkway in the cage, so I know it's gotta be great on a ZR. Where are you in VA? Tom :)

Z

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Glen Allen, VA.....suburbs of Richmond. By the way Tom, its me Pete (LEO) from VA.....I've just never posted on the ZR-7 website before. I figure you didn't recognise my handle from our yahoo group. :) I'm ZR7OA # 72

Ride Safe and let's all get together in the spring!

Pete

:~

·
Registered
1,722 Posts
Tom and Pete- Sounds like a good time. Keep me in mind in Chesapeake VA (close to Norfolk/Virginia Beach). Are you thinking tents or motel 8?

Kelly

·
9,816 Posts
kelly said:
Tom and Pete- Sounds like a good time. Keep me in mind in Chesapeake VA (close to Norfolk/Virginia Beach). Are you thinking tents or motel 8?

Kelly
Motel for sure, I'm to spoiled for tents (or too old). Tom

Z

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
:laugh:

I think I'll go with Tom on that! I'd much rather stay at a cheap hotel/motel than sleep on the ground. I did enough of that in the military years ago, and like Tom, I'm getting up there in age. :mecry: If we get enough interest, maybe we can get a group rate. I'm all for discounts! :D

See Ya!

Pete

Z

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
NC/VA riders!!!! How about planning a ride sometime in the middle of May or June? The weather should be pretty nice that time of year. If we can get a firm date, I could try to get a gruop rate at a hotel for where ever we meet. I'm think somewhere at the NC/VA border or maybe we can meet in the Deals Gap area. I've never been to Deals Gap, so anyone with a experience there, is welcome to offer any suggestions.

Ride Safe Brothers and Sisters!

Pete
:D

·
Registered
373 Posts
Hey guys, count me in for sure:smilewink . I should still be around Fayetteville then. The only way I would miss it is if we vacation in Afghanastan this summer.:laugh:

Z

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
:smilewink
Guys/Gals, check out this site and tell me it doesn't give you ideas!!!;)

www.tailofthedragon.com

I'm sure we can work with these folks and get some kind of group rate for accomidations. If not there, we can meet somewhere else. But I've got to tell ya, I would really, really, really, :rolleyes: like to run the Dragon this spring. Wadda ya think?? hunh??

Pete

:laugh:

·
Registered
1,722 Posts
Looks like a blast alright, but it's 500 miles away from me! I'm not going to say yea or nay at this point, but that's a heck of a ride. :( It's almost Tennessee for cryin out loud!

I like the part in the dragon website about "our last fatality was October 27..." like it's just another day at the dragon. :? Whoa.

Too early to commit for me. That's a serious commute. Still willing to go to the blueridge parkway in Spring if anybody's interested though.

PS- For a 500 mile hike, would you go with a one-tooth larger drive sprocket? I would consider it. (A smaller wheel sprocket would probably make my chain too long since it's close to the end now).

happy motoring-

kelly

·
9,816 Posts
Ok Kelly, good point. Maybe we should meet at some spot at the Blue Ridge Parkway which would be convenient to both DJ and me in Fayetteville and to you in Chesapeake and Pete in Glen Allen...gotta look at a map. Is South Boston or Danville anywhere near the Parkway? Deals Gap maybe just too much for all of to make. And I don't have a trailer for my bike yet. Tom

Z

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Well, we could meet in the Danville area. Perhaps meet at VIR "Virginia International Raceway." In order to get to the track entrance, you actually have to go into NC before going back to VA for the entrance. I could hook up with any VA riders in South Hill then we could all meet at VIR. From there we could take US-58 to the Blue Ridge Parkway, then go south into NC. Get on Rt-18 near Laurel Springs back north til we get back on the Blue Ridge Parkway near Cumberland Knob. The loop on the Blue Ridge Parkway and Rt-18 would be about 120-miles. Then add in the ride to and from Danville, about 100-miles round trip. So I'm thinking about 220-miles to hell and back from Danville. Everyone would have to figure out thier own mileage to Danville from their homes. I'm planning on a three-day weekend, one day out and an overnight somewhere. Then ride the morning and early afternoon before heading home. The last day would be a killer, but that's what the third day is for, "REST!" :laugh:

If anyone has any other ideas, please speak up! :laugh: After deciding a route, we need to pick a weekend. Any suggestions??

Ride Safe!

Pete
:angel:

·
9,816 Posts
I really like the Danville idea, I can get there in about 3 hours or less. Straight shot from Fayetteville to Greensboro and then on to Danville. Tom

·
Registered
1,722 Posts
Danville sounds good to me too. I checked mapquest and it's about 185 miles to there for me. I can live with that. The travel time listed in mapquest is 5 hours, 26 minutes, 43 seconds. I think I can make it in 5, 26, 39. :laugh: That's an avg of about 34 mph.

An engineer coworker is interested too. He has a CBR600F2 and he's put 100,000+ miles on it so far. Travels ~130 miles a day to work and back. Lots of good stories with those 100K. Rarely changes oil, plugs, etc, (about every 50,000 miles). Never changed coolant. It's sort of a big experiment for him. Good guy though.

Count me in. You pick the date. Make sure it's not going to rain that weekend.

kelly

·
Registered
373 Posts
I'm in for the Danville ride. I may even brign along a couple of guys from work if you all don't mind the company. I have been dying to get out for a long group jaunt. Tom, I still owe you one before the season is up. :smilewink Work has really gotten in the way of my fun the this year.

·
Registered
1,722 Posts
My buddy with the CBR600F2 took offense to my post. He said that he changes the oil every 5000 miles. But first spark plug change was at 80,000 miles. Never changed coolant. Never had the valves adjusted. He's still interested though.

kelly

·
Registered
373 Posts
hunh? What do you mean Kelly?:?

·
9,816 Posts
LUVCHLD said:
hunh? What do you mean Kelly?:?
My guess, your signature and/or your avatar!! BTW, where were you today, DJ?? The guys wanted to ride around town from the Exxon station -- I didn't follow em, like the backroads of Hoke County much better and put up about 65 miles of fun stuff, alone again. :( :rolleyes: :z Tom.

·
Registered
373 Posts
Tom,
I wanted to ride today also. One of my best friends got married today. The wife and I just got back from the reception. It was wonderful. I may ride tommorrow. What are your plans? I didn't mean to offend anyone with my signature. Should I change it?

1 - 20 of 125 Posts