RiderForums.com - Kawasaki Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
566 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
So yesterday I rode out to Idyllwild with 20 other people from the Murrieta/Temecula Valley Sportbike Meetup group. Mostly guys but there were 2 girls. The roads were nice and twisty and the scenery was incredible. There were no mishaps. Everyone got home safe.
Today I went out with 3 guys that really know how to carve up the roads and practiced cornering technique. It was a blast. We were doing runs up and down Rancho California Rd. I feel like I improved alot, comfort wise going through turns at a good pace. Started at 30-35 and was hitting 45-50 at the end of the session. So far I'm loving California weather and the awesome roads.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LjN_TKei-Ro

·
Registered
169 Posts
I tried to p.m. you about this but it won't let me. I see in your Sig that you replaced the sub throttle plates, is there a reason in particular that you put them back in?

·
Registered
566 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I tried to p.m. you about this but it won't let me. I see in your Sig that you replaced the sub throttle plates, is there a reason in particular that you put them back in?
Yeah, after taking them out I didn't notice any major gains. I did notice my engine sort of surging at low speeds(like when coming to a stop sign or starting out). So, I just put them back in, and away went the problem.

·
Banned
679 Posts
Nice vid kawi. Some tips for riding position that helped me...for left turns bring your right nipple to the left side of your gas tank (get low, opposite for right turns), get that butt off the seat. EDIT* Just to add one more thing, its hard to tell from that angle, but if your not already sit back a little farther in the seat should make turning like that more comfortable.

Also, WTF is with those curbs? Where I'm from on non-commercial roads, we don't have that hazard. At 6:03 in your video, that lead guy almost finds out the hard way what happens when you rub tire against them.

·
Banned
679 Posts
what camera set up are you using to get such good video? how did you mount the camera to the bike?
I'm not sure what he's using but if you want quality videos and you have a little money to spend, GoPro is the way to go.

·
Registered
1,191 Posts
notice the difference in sound between the first bike we see and the second bike (which I'm assuming is the Ninja 650?).

·
Registered
185 Posts
Man you're all up on that dude in front especially minutes 5-6 and specifically 6:05 where he went towards the curbing.
Looks fun though.

·
Banned
679 Posts
Man you're all up on that dude in front especially minutes 5-6 and specifically 6:05 where he went towards the curbing.
Looks fun though.
Lol, he isn't shooting the vid and that isn't a 650, the brake fluid sweat band should have gave that away if nothing else.

·
Registered
185 Posts
Lol, he isn't shooting the vid and that isn't a 650, the brake fluid sweat band should have gave that away if nothing else.
Noticed it and the little LED???

I just assumed it was him.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts