RiderForums.com - Kawasaki Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I can't seem to get rid of the vibs in the foot pegs. Carb sync is done. My feet feel funny after ride. I have no vibes in the seat or bars, just the pegs. I noticed on a cool morning it feels better and I now the bikes not too rich from what the spark plugs are telling me. It feels worse on hotter days. Any suggestions??:dunno:

·
Registered
211 Posts
Buzzy Feet!

I have to ask if your rpm range is close to 6 or 7k? When I roll on real slow the vibration is a bit buzzy. When I hit the twist stop....the bike is silk at about 8500 to 11k. I shift through the gears and it's as if I'm at a stop light and the bike is off. I have to think it is mixture related and exhaust pipe valve is full open at the upper rpm band. This would be a good test to see if what I've heard people who have picked up PC111 say that everything smooths right out. A PC111 will be in a future purchase.

·
Registered
1,664 Posts
High rpm vibration the ZR7 gave me the hot foot sensation after riding a while. Thats while wearing hiking boots. Picking the feet off the pegs and resting on the Stator and rotor cover a few minutes helped.
Boots with rigid solid plate along entire length of boot sole. Many Racing boots have this, imagine touring boots could have it also. The solid plate transfers the pressure point of foot on the peg to spread over a larger area on the foot.

Can the Zr7 peg use this type of metal ballast underneath ? Pictured is a Busa peg, the metal ballast is at least a pound of metal weight. Can see it's screwed through the ballast into the peg. I got couple extra pegs around here somewhere.
View attachment 35910

·
Registered
188 Posts
My bike vibrates at 5,000 rpm. That is my crusing speed of 65 mph. If I go higher or lower, the vibrations stop. But I get it in my hands. Feet are fine.

·
Registered
986 Posts
One of selling points of ZR7 was the anti-vibration footpegs.
There should be a sealed bubble of air in each one.
If your pegs are badly worn from many miles of riding then you may have burst your bubble(s)

·
Registered
2,108 Posts
My bike vibrates at 5,000 rpm. That is my crusing speed of 65 mph. If I go higher or lower, the vibrations stop. But I get it in my hands. Feet are fine.

Add a 17t front sprocket. It moves the vibration range out of your cruising range.

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for the input. I noticed it seem's to be more on the left peg. I recently replaced my chain and sprockets. I used an EK chain with JT sprokets. There not as nice as OEM, but I have used them on other bikes. I noticed with the new chain and JT spockets that the sprockets seem pretty noisy. Not to impressed with the JT sprockets as I had good results on other bikes. I was wondering if I could be feeling a drive line vib mixed in with engine vibes making it feel worse then normal.

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thank's Graeme

I think your right about this one. I looked at my left peg and it has more wear then the right peg. You can lift the edge of the rubber toward the inside of the bike. I wonder if you removed them via the screws at the bottom and put some silicon or something that would soak up vibes. I think we a new mod on the table men.:notworthy

1 - 9 of 9 Posts