RiderForums.com - Kawasaki Motorcycle Forum banner
101 - 119 of 119 Posts

·
Registered
1,127 Posts
Simply WOW!!! great work! I am contemplating buying a vfr800 for cheap, was wondering if i can make that wheel work, might not have enough room for the spacer though!:silly:
Thanks man. Im sure you can make it work, with the right combonation of offset and spacer. I am not sure if you could get it alligned without rubbing the inside of the swinger. I can't remember how close the stock rim was to hitting it.

Sweet work...I have a SSSW sitting in a box still waitig for the right donor cycle...thanks to Brijesh!!

My only comment is to remove that sticker on the left side of the swingarm...very distracting.
Yea I was thinking about painting over it but am not sure if I will or not yet. It is actually the Honda racing technology (or something like that) imprint.

Sweet set up and great looking. I am new here and am familiar with VFR's (I had a Pearl White 93). I was wondering why you did not use a VFR rear wheel? With the VFR SSSA I would have thought the wheel would be spaced properly, but I could be wrong.

As for the SSSA, the only difference I am I am aware of from 90-93 and the 94 - 97 is that the rear wheel from 94 -97 (apart from the reduction from 8 spokes to 5) has slots machined on the backside for the hub bolts. That said, a 5-spoke 94-97 rear wheel will fit 94-97 sssa, and the 90-93 8-spoke will fit the 94-97 sssa, but the slots must be machined.

Either way, the wheel you chose looks great, I was just wondering about the VFR rear wheel.
Thanks man. I didn't use the rear wheel from the swingarm for a few reasons: 1) I was not a huge fan of the look 2) I wanted something I could come close to matching with a front rim 3) I would have needed a spacer anyways to get it alligned...I think. I had to make spacers for both sides of the swingarm to get the chain lined up properly. Mainly I wasn't a fan of the look, I think they look good on the VFR's but with the sharp lines on the Z it just didn't look right to me.

I will update this thread with some current photos as I have made some slight changes when I get a chance. :alcy:

·
Registered
1,127 Posts
Final Pics

Thought I would slap some final decent pics on this thread. Gave a bike a bath today and snapped some pics. Put the Rizoma rearsets on and chopped my LeoVince GP can down and painted it black. Putting my new chain on within the next two weekends and I am officially calling it good until this riding seasons over.

View attachment 47199

View attachment 47200

View attachment 47201

·
Registered
1,127 Posts

·
Registered
806 Posts
anyone else seeing the new pics? I cant.

But new hardrive in the computer means i am starting from scratch so i may not have all my drivers and plugins installed yet:sadpace:

·
Registered
1,085 Posts
Wow nice catch, NFS240, great eye. Looks like the wear line from the pads is about halfway across the surface of the rotor.

It looks like you used two different diameter spacers, do you need both?

·
Registered
1,127 Posts
Your bike is sick Atschach! Nice work.
Is it me or the spacers on your front calipers are too thick? Seems like pads will not contact the whole disc...
And the winner is...NFS240sx!! I was wondering when somebody was gonna notice that. When I installed the 07 636 wheel I researched and thought I found what the OD of the caliper was and spaced it out according to that. As you can see I was wrong. At this point I have the OG spacers I made for the stock Z wheel plus a few washers to space it out more. I need to remove a few washers to dial it in and make new spacers, just have been doing other things.

I have some aluminum stock left over and can probably get you some spacers made if you need them. mine
How much would you want for them? I have been meaning to make some, I just don't have the correct material.

·
Registered
1,085 Posts
The 05/06 ZX6r uses the same brake rotors as the 07+ ZX6r - I know this because the Galfer wave rotors I have for sale fit the 05-09 ZX6r.

The Gen1 Z1000, 05/06 ZX6r and 07 ZX6r all have 300mm brake rotors. The 03/04 ZX6r has 280mm rotors.

Since I think you have the earlier 03/04 forks, don't you just need the 10mm caliper spacers like the other guys with those earlier forks used? What I'm saying is, maybe you can just remove the extra washers you added and it'll be spaced correctly. I think your original spacers (with your Z wheel) would have worked. Did you try it? You might not need new spacers. Just trying to help.

Oh, and nice pics.

·
Registered
1,127 Posts
Thanks Az, that's different than what I originaly found but it works for me. I can't believe I went that long forgeting to readdress that issue, I guess I should probably finish a mod completely before moving onto the next 2:buried:

very nice, and the exhaust looks great.
Thanks man, nothing a ball peen hammer and jb weld can't do

Probably not much...I'd have to ask my friend if he'd be willing to make some more though, he's got all the machines at work o_O. I'll let you know.
Hey thanks but I think my old ones I made will work. I put them back on tonight and they seem to be perfect. They don't look quite as good as yours but they do the trick.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Hello, I'm currently in the process of doing a VFR swinger swap and I know I have to change the kickstand location. Would it be possible to take a picture of the new location of the kickstand so it gives me an idea where its supposed to go? Thanks!

·
Registered
109 Posts
Hey thanks but I think my old ones I made will work. I put them back on tonight and they seem to be perfect. They don't look quite as good as yours but they do the trick.
That's good, sorry I didn't get back to you but since he has to use the equipment at his work it would be pretty hard for him to make more stuff for me.

I have another friend with a lathe but getting him to do any favors takes just short of an act of god.

·
Registered
1,127 Posts
Hey man, sorry I didn't see your posts. I have not been on in a while and am getting used to the new site. I would have been glad to send you pics or post them if I would have seen this. My bad and good luck with yours, post some pics when you get a chance.

·
Registered
3 Posts
NEW TO THE FORUM.

THIS IS MY SSSA ON MY Z. I FINISH THIS IN OCT. OF 09. IT IS POSTED ON WWW.KAWIFORUMS.COM SEARCH MY NAME FOR POSTS. HERE ARE SOME OLD PICS. I HAVE PUT 7K MILES ON THIS MOD AND DONE A TRACK DAY AT MID-OHIO SPORT CAR COURSE. I THINK THE BIKE IS LESS TWITCHY, GOING AND COMING OUT OF CORNERS.

Attachments

101 - 119 of 119 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.