RiderForums.com - Kawasaki Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I couldn't find the problem. Any suggestions what can cause it, because it is very annoying and loud...

·
Super Moderator
2,375 Posts
Hi. Welcome aboard. Firstly, if you want people to give you advice you need to provide a little more information. Year of bike? Mileage?...would be good starters. At just a guess, I'm
thinking that your cam chain adjuster is worn out or your cam chain has stretched and needs replacing.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi. Welcome aboard. Firstly, if you want people to give you advice you need to provide a little more information. Year of bike? Mileage?...would be good starters. At just a guess, I'm
thinking that your cam chain adjuster is worn out or your cam chain has stretched and needs replacing.
Thanks for the advice. The bike is Kawasaki ER6N 2007 model, it is at 52000km. But why the cam chain will have this metal to metal noise at 4k rpm?

·
Super Moderator
2,375 Posts
Thanks for the advice. The bike is Kawasaki ER6N 2007 model, it is at 52000km. But why the cam chain will have this metal to metal noise at 4k rpm?
The cam chain adjuster is just a piece of spring loaded metal with some plastic composite bonded to it. That composite wears out - so you only need a millimetre or so of wear resulting in the adjuster being at maximum for the chain to then run loose and make a lot of noise. Easy test would be to replace the cam chain adjuster - if it's still noisy - look at replacing the cam chain as well. Oh, and why at a particular rev range - that's a little more complex to explain, and I don't have the expertise to do it ;).

1 - 4 of 4 Posts