RiderForums.com - Kawasaki Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
A BMW - GS style beak has been kicking around Malaysia for a while so I purchased one only to discover that it is an ill fitting, substandard POS with sub-standard mounting brackets. In the typical Asian business model the Seller refused to refund my money which sent me on a quest to do it right

Here is the finished product, attached with the same Kawi screws as the side panels. Paint is a rattle can for these pics and does not match but gives you the general idea. It does not look bad in black, although I think I will paint mine red.

It is a 3 piece part - the 2 side filler panels and the beak. One can run just the side panels or c/w beak as the style strikes you
Mounting screws are the same Kawi fairing screws

I made a few extras should anyone fancy one. 2010 models and later as that is all I have to build it off.
Side faring panels only 115.00 USD
Side fairings c/w beak 160.00 USD

I am going to run my bike like this, less beak:

DSC_0239_resize.JPG DSC_0240_resize.JPG

For those of you that like the beak style:

DSC_0242_resize.JPG DSC_0244_resize.JPG DSC_0245_resize.JPG

·
Registered
10,328 Posts
looks good! What did you make them out of?

·
Registered
1 Posts
Dear Sir,
do you still have this item on ebay, I would like to buy this from you. And could you ship it to Taiwan. (PS. my versys is 2009 version)
Thanks

·
Registered
10,328 Posts
I do love the look of that beak on the Versys. If I didn't already have the Denali lights on the SWMotech mounts in that location I would have jumped on them.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Move the lights to the fork - that is what the riders here do
I also use a headlight modulator so that the cretin drivers here can see me in the day

·
Registered
10,328 Posts
Move the lights to the fork - that is what the riders here do
I also use a headlight modulator so that the cretin drivers here can see me in the day
I hear you, but I'm not listening. I have already added 2/3 of the value of this bike making it my own. I think I am done, but I do really like what you have produced. Kinda like turning the Versys into a poor man's Ducati Multistrada 1200.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts