RiderForums.com - Kawasaki Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Z

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone tried the Ventura Pack rack System? if so, can you give me a pro's or con's about it? I don't want to use saddle bags, soft or hard. i'm pretty happy with a tank bag, but I'd like some more capacity for when my wife rides with me.

Thanks,

Pete
:D

·
Registered
45 Posts
Ventura rack

I'm generally pretty happy with the ventura rack on my ZR-7. For general use I leave the sport rack on (with the sport pack fitted) as it is really handy to have a bit of extra carrying capacity for bits and pieces and the sport rack and pack looks really unobtrusive. I don't like the look of a big metal hoop on the back of the bike when there is no bag attached.

I have the large frame for the bigger pack but only attach it for a trip. If you are riding solo put the bag on the rack so that it rests on the pillion seat to keep the weight distribution good.

The brackets fit the threaded lugs on the bike so that it looks neat and tidy and not like some of those dreadful universal fitting jobs that are plain ugly. I initially thought that the frame looked a bit on the flimsy side but after a year and a half of use no problems to report. The fit and finish of the frame and bags are top notch and compliment the build quality of the bike.

I hope this is of some help.

Z

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the info....is the pack itself water repellant? How much weight can you put on the rack?

Thanks,

Pete
:cool:

·
Registered
28 Posts
Glenn, do you have any pictures of this system mounted to your bike? I have not seen this product before. It looks great. Their site didn't have a picture of the unit on the ZR7.

THanks, gtp

·
Registered
45 Posts
Hi gtp
Sorry but I don't have any pictures of my bike and to be honest I am not computer savvy enough to know how to post them if I did.
If I can find someone to do the photos for me I'll put them up for you.
Cheers, Glenn.

·
Silver Member
154 Posts
I got mine thru AZmotorsports.com. They give an automatic 10% discount.

I really like mine. I go more for functional than looks and it fits the bill. I always put it on when heading out shopping. It's like having a large trunk and a tail rack. I put a small lock on it just to keep honest people honest.
Getting on the bike can be a little more difficult. I normally use the left foot on peg first approach.

When I'm not using the bag, I pull the rack off. The mounting brackets aren't noticable at all. It doesn't flap in the wind empty due to a plastic piece that goes int the bottom to hold it's shape. I've been up to 100 mph b/4 w/ it on and didn't even know it was there.

Like the Street shield, it ain't the prettiest thing in the world, but it works great.

IMHO

Z

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Well, I did it! :D I ordered the Ventura Pack/Rack Kit from AZMotorSports......I better go to the bank tomorrow and pay off that Visa first thing, or the wife will kick my @ss!....:laugh: I ordered the black bag, not the blue...the blue just didn't look like a could match......Like they say, "Black goes with anything." :cool:

Ride Safe All!

Pete
:smilewink

Z

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
oh where, oh where is the Fed-Ex person??? :mecry: I'm still waiting for my Ventura kit....Is it just me or does it always seem to take longer to get something you want, I mean, I get junk mail and bills I don't want very quickly...:rolleyes: ...Or maybe I'm just a teensy bit impatient??? :~

Ride Safe All!

·
Silver Member
154 Posts
I got the tracking number when I ordered mine. Watched is cross America. Still wasn't as good as 'in my hands', but it made me feel I was seeing progress....:)

·
West Coast Moderator
12,996 Posts
just keep humming the "Jeopardy" theme......"I'll take slow ground shippers for $500, Alex".:laugh: :cool:

Z

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
It's here! It's here!:D God bless FedEx! :laugh: I finally got my Ventura Kit...It was drop shipped from New Zealand, because they didn't have it here in the US of A......Man oh man! What a sweet piece of kit! :D Took a whole 15 minutes to mount, I did have to elongate the hole on the right L-bracket, but otherwise it was fantastic! Don't let the looks deceive you, it is very sturdy and solid....in the pics, it looks a little fragile, but don't be fooled...I can't wait to take a long roadtrip this spring...(hint to my fellow VA/NC riders)

As soon as I can, I'll try to take some pics and post them...

Ride Safe!

Pete
:angel:

Z

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
It works great with a passenger...:D ....if you want to see what it looks like, try www.azmotorsports.com ....I bought my kit from them over the internet.....no regrets, and they have the best prices....I have plenty of capacity for two-up long weekend trips....the 45-liter Ventura Pack and a 18-liter tank bag are more than enough for me and my lovely, beautiful, understanding, etc., wife...:D ...hey, what can I say, :D she let me spend the money:D

Ride Safe!!

Pete
:cool:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts