RiderForums.com - Kawasaki Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, 9 years in here and my 1st day as an owner-took 5 bikes to get here.

So has anyone shirked checking their valves as per the scedule? I read one guy who went 30k+ before he checked with little or no adjustment. My 1250 has 18k+ and wa snever checked at the 14k schedule.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Hi all, 9 years in here and my 1st day as an owner-took 5 bikes to get here.

So has anyone shirked checking their valves as per the scedule? I read one guy who went 30k+ before he checked with little or no adjustment. My 1250 has 18k+ and wa snever checked at the 14k schedule.
I haven't heard of anyone checking their valves. If it ain't broken don't fix it. Kawasaki has solid engines.

·
Registered
458 Posts
It does not matter the brand, nor how solid an engine is. Any....and I mean any engine without valve hydraulic lifters, requires valve clearance inspection. ..and inspection does not mean needing adjustment, but if needed, one should be ready to do it.

.................and the fact that someone with same engine went 500,000 miles without any clearance out of specs, does not mean other with same engine would not find his/her engine needing adjustment with only 5000 miles

·
Registered
8,790 Posts
Hugo, I think you gave a great answer. Although you might have one of the bikes that doesnt need to be adjusted, how do you know without checking?

Plus, the job is much easier if you dont need to adjust, so you really cant lose by checking.

There's no doubt you rarely hear of damage , on a Japanese bike, from valves being tight. That doesn't mean your specific bike might be the one.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts