RiderForums.com - Kawasaki Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My ZR-7 only has 1700 miles on it and now it is running like crap.
It feels and sounds like only 3 of 4 cylinders are working or something like that.
It just doesn't have the power and responsiveness like it should.
You can definetly feel its lack of power.

What is wrong? Do I need a Valve adjustment or Carbuartor synchronization? Carbs cleaned?

Thanks for you help.
Rider riding in Indiana.

·
West Coast Moderator
12,996 Posts
It could be a number of things and the only way you're going to find the problem is by process of elimination. Start with the simple things and work out from there. It could be something as simple as a bad spark plug.......

·
The Commander
5,020 Posts
Start even simpler than that..... check all of the plug boots and make sure they're seated securely on the spark plugs. Then move on to replace the plugs if necessary, it's a cheap test (about $8), and may just solve the problem if one has gotten fouled. If that doesn't do the trick, post back here and we'll keep going down the list.

·
Silver Member
154 Posts
Mine seemed to run a little crappy at about that mileage. Had the carbs sync'ed and what a difference it made.

That's one of the few services (1700 miles) I'd let the mechanic do (if he/she's good). Gives them a chance to look everything over in case there's a potential problem on the new bike.

IMHO,
Bowman

1 - 4 of 4 Posts