RiderForums.com - Kawasaki Motorcycle Forum banner
241 - 254 of 254 Posts

·
Registered
926 Posts
im 6'1 and I have the sport version, also mustang seat. I keep it raised up as high as possible on the forks and the wind hits right about my eyes if im sitting up super straight. I usually kind of hunch when I ride so it normally hits my at my eyebrows. if I lean in when hitting those high speeds i can get it to go right over my head. I personally think you'd be OK with the sport version. it will probably be about forehead level. but if its really a big worry maybe just play it safe. I like the look of the sport better so thats what I went with. yea im vain lol

·
Registered
18 Posts
Necro thread,

After reading these I decided to order one of these today, looks too good and sounds like the function is great as well.

I recently bought a Mohawk from national cycle, but I'm 6'1 and the wind deflection isn't as good as I was hoping it would be for someone my height. From the impressions here it seems like it will be better suited for me.

·
Registered
46 Posts
At 6'2" it's okay. Love the look and wind protection but it deflects the wind just over my head enough to where if I sit up straight I can start to get slight buffeting especially at higher speeds. Your torso length has more to do with than overall height. Same as some with the same height have different results with similar forward controls. Still, I wouldn't change the V-Stream. It's looks too good on the Meanie!

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
926 Posts
So this winter I rode with a full face helmet (the first fullface ive owned in over 10 yrs) and there seems to be a bit more buffeting with the full face then the half shell that I normally wear. One recommendation that I can make is to paint the brackets with some kind of rust proof paint. after a few yrs with it now, the grey paint on the brackets mostly chipped off and they are pretty rusty. one of these days ill grind it off and paint them. just a heads up. maybe you guys should do it now as a preventative.

·
Registered
926 Posts
I roughed the brackets up with steel wool, and painted them with hammered texture black paint. They look good.
Nice, good move

·
Registered
167 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
I'm betting it's N28201.
Good luck!
Wicked my friend many thanks,, I'm in UK iv just ordered one nc28201, £177 sterling.+ taxs. Think I confused myself with which code belongs to which. After 12 years riding the meanie without a screen looking forward to the screen. Many thanks again for your reply and help. Stay safe.

241 - 254 of 254 Posts