RiderForums.com - Kawasaki Motorcycle Forum banner
221 - 240 of 254 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Thank you MassMax!!! So great! Got the tour and think I still need to do the bendy mod but it's so great! I'm 6'3" so there was a lot of torso catching wind before, not any more though!

Argh can't figure out how to re-use previously uploaded pics on the iPad. Pics are in the pic thread

·
Registered
980 Posts
Thank you MassMax!!! So great! Got the tour and think I still need to do the bendy mod but it's so great! I'm 6'3" so there was a lot of torso catching wind before, not any more though!

Argh can't figure out how to re-use previously uploaded pics on the iPad. Pics are in the pic thread
Glad it's working out for you man, it really helps when your mph's are up on the highway. Rolled the dice years ago with it and not dissapointed in the least. Love your scoot, reminds me of jj superstars. I'm with Bearclaw, those Jardines would look great pc black. I had my chrome Maps from my bud Texas powdercoated and complete the look I was going for.

Reactions: tc207 and bearclaw

·
Registered
286 Posts
I have had the Vstream on my bike for some time, and I have noticed some serious whistling that I didn't have prior to the windscreen. I didn't notice the whistling until I picked up a half helmet and generally at high speed, you can't hear it for the wind noise, but at moderate speed it is quite sharp.

Anyone else notice this, or have a fix?

I have a funny to share, talking about whistling. I went on a gloriously hot sweaty ride last Sunday, and stopped by a local cigar shop for sticks for the 4th and a rest. My tank was down to probably 1/3, and the bike was hot. Got off, went in and stood around for a while, when this guy comes in the shop, doesn't see me off to the side, with a startled look on his face saying, "You (shop owners) may need to call the fire department, I just moved my car away from a motorcycle out there that sounds like she is about to blow!" He described the high pitched whistle that was emanating from the Kawasaki out in the lot, and it scared him. I chuckled, he was annoyed but I explained and he said something unflattering about "those bikes". Funny. I have gotten over the issue, a rather interesting quirk. I contemplated cutting the spring, etc., but just don't want to jury rig *too* much on this thing...:)

·
Registered
64 Posts
I've just read this thread from front to back and I am sold on this VStream Sport, all the reviews and information is invaluable! I'm 5'8" so I think the Sport would work great! Thanks for posting those pics tc207 , that just looks sick! Just bought an 07 S.E myself and I think this could make a huge difference in the look.

Here's what might be an odd ball question though, when I bought the meanie the previous owner threw a windshield in and its definitely more for a standard cruiser, my previous posts show it. What I'm wondering is if having a huge upright shield like that can negatively affect mpg?! And if upgrading to this vstream would help with that...as well as look a **** ton better? Anybody noticed any difference in mileage because of reduced drag?

·
Registered
1,251 Posts
I personally don't give a hoot about gas mileage on a bike it's totally better than my truck and that's good in my mind... That said mine has very little drag I can cruise at 90 to 100 all day on highway and it give good protection without any buffeting or bar shake. I love it! Very streamlined for sure and looks better than most windshields imo

·
Registered
64 Posts
Nice bearclaw and I agree! :righton: Half of me wants to make the best out of a daily rider while the other half still wants to have my fun, and riding a sweet looking machine. :dance: Now if I could only find one less than two arms and a leg at the moment!

·
Registered
1,251 Posts
Nice bearclaw and I agree! :righton: Half of me wants to make the best out of a daily rider while the other half still wants to have my fun, and riding a sweet looking machine. :dance: Now if I could only find one less than two arms and a leg at the moment!
Yeah they Got pricey for sure. I'm sure someone's selling one..good luck

Reactions: mhoneycutt

·
Registered
177 Posts
I've just read this thread from front to back and I am sold on this VStream Sport, all the reviews and information is invaluable! I'm 5'8" so I think the Sport would work great! Thanks for posting those pics tc207 , that just looks sick! Just bought an 07 S.E myself and I think this could make a huge difference in the look.

Here's what might be an odd ball question though, when I bought the meanie the previous owner threw a windshield in and its definitely more for a standard cruiser, my previous posts show it. What I'm wondering is if having a huge upright shield like that can negatively affect mpg?! And if upgrading to this vstream would help with that...as well as look a **** ton better? Anybody noticed any difference in mileage because of reduced drag?
I can't tell you anything about gas mileage but what I can tell you is that the V-Stream does a heck of a lot better to reduce buffeting if you ride with a helmet versus the Memphis Shades Fats windshield I had on a previous bike. I'm 5'5" on a good day and I can still feel the wind hit me square in the forehead. But, with that said, the lip at the top of the V-stream really does a fantastic job of calming and streamlining the wind. It doesn't push my full face helmet around in all sorts of directions. On my previous windshield, even though it was 21" tall (if my memory serves me right, I could barely see over it), at freeway speeds wind would rush around it and push my helmet around and it gets fatiguing after a while. That's not to say the Memphis is a bad choice (in town, the Memphis did a better job of keeping the wind off during colder weather) but by comparison the V-stream does a great deal compared to how small it is physically. And it's more aesthetically pleasing.

·
Registered
64 Posts
I can't tell you anything about gas mileage but what I can tell you is that the V-Stream does a heck of a lot better to reduce buffeting if you ride with a helmet versus the Memphis Shades Fats windshield I had on a previous bike. I'm 5'5" on a good day and I can still feel the wind hit me square in the forehead. But, with that said, the lip at the top of the V-stream really does a fantastic job of calming and streamlining the wind. It doesn't push my full face helmet around in all sorts of directions. On my previous windshield, even though it was 21" tall (if my memory serves me right, I could barely see over it), at freeway speeds wind would rush around it and push my helmet around and it gets fatiguing after a while. That's not to say the Memphis is a bad choice (in town, the Memphis did a better job of keeping the wind off during colder weather) but by comparison the V-stream does a great deal compared to how small it is physically. And it's more aesthetically pleasing.
Appreciate the info! I am literally kicking myself right now, I was watching them on the bay and saw a seller that had 5 of them on sale one day for $18?.?? but wasn't in the position to purchase it right then. I had to wait until the next day and I'm guessing they realized how much the rest of them were going for and swapped the price. The next day $242!

·
Registered
177 Posts
Appreciate the info! I am literally kicking myself right now, I was watching them on the bay and saw a seller that had 5 of them on sale one day for $18?.?? but wasn't in the position to purchase it right then. I had to wait until the next day and I'm guessing they realized how much the rest of them were going for and swapped the price. The next day $242!
I just looked on a website I ordered mine off of, and yeah, they've definitely gone up. Try the classifieds in an M109R forum. Maybe someone there can hook you up with a good deal on a used one.

Search Results - M109Riders.com

·
Registered
129 Posts
I'm 5'11" and i have the taller windshields on mine,. It works great for me. I provisions wanted the smaller one but i wanted clear. At my height, i feel some wind at and above my visor, but it is very calm in comparison to a regular windshield. Overall a very good buy. I don't think that you you could go wrong with either size. It's a very good windshield.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

·
Registered
10 Posts
Hi I was wondering how tall you were and what seat you have and if the wind is diverted over your head or not. i"m trying to decide on the sport or touring version depending on how well they work. I'm short 5'5 and have a mustang seat. What's your thoughts?

221 - 240 of 254 Posts