RiderForums.com - Kawasaki Motorcycle Forum banner
201 - 220 of 254 Posts

·
Registered
975 Posts
Order Date: 6/14/2015 11:45:24 AM

552143 National Cycle Vstream Windshield M109r Dark Tint - Suzuki Boulevard M109r, M1800r 06-07-N28201-V1

SubTotal: $166.91
Shipping: Ground $12.00
Tax: $0.00
Total: $178.91

That looks like the right one doesn't it, doesn't it..? :confuse:

·
Premium Member
2,015 Posts
Order Date: 6/14/2015 11:45:24 AM

552143 National Cycle Vstream Windshield M109r Dark Tint - Suzuki Boulevard M109r, M1800r 06-07-N28201-V1

SubTotal: $166.91
Shipping: Ground $12.00
Tax: $0.00
Total: $178.91

That looks like the right one doesn't it, doesn't it..? :confuse:
The N28201 number is right. Sport with the dark tint.

·
Premium Member
2,015 Posts
Thats the price I paid for mine through them. I guess it's still 'on sale'
Guess the sale ended yesterday cuz' they are 242.00 there today.

directlineparts.com still have the N28201 Sport and the N28202 Touring for 183 plus 7.50 handling...shipping is included.

·
Registered
975 Posts
Phew.. Thanks Tex.. I was freaking there for a sec.. That would totally be my luck to drop close to 2 hundred bucks for the wrong item LoL

Reactions: Texas

·
Premium Member
2,015 Posts
Too many of you guys checking the website at once, they must have noticed and jacked up the price. Now 'on sale' for $242 pfff
Meanie Me didn't post the price there until last night. :)
Anyway, they are only like 12 bucks more at directlineparts, so to all of us diehard modaholics, 12 bucks more ain't gonna stop us. :D

·
Registered
764 Posts
Just read through this entire thread and had a couple questions I didn't see answered...

1. How wide is it at the headlight? I can see the gap, wondering just how much room is there... Good for a dual headlight setup?

2. Has anyone tried the R2 version? Texas posted a picture of it and it looks like it eliminated that gap but no idea if it would fit around a stock headlight or if the mounts are the same, etc.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/NATIONAL-CY...ash=item27b49dd938&vxp=mtr&afsrc=1&rmvSB=true

·
Registered
975 Posts
Installed it.. Went for a ride.. Liked it.. Came home and did the bend in the bottom brackets method to angle the shield higher plus moved clamps as high on the forks as possible.. Love it!! No more wind in my face. No more earplugs needed.. So happy!! Thanks everyone for all your great information in this thread! Pics of course:

Land vehicle Motorcycle Vehicle Fuel tank Automotive tire

Land vehicle Motorcycle Vehicle Fuel tank Cruiser

Land vehicle Motorcycle Vehicle Motor vehicle Cruiser

·
Registered
980 Posts
Installed it.. Went for a ride.. Liked it.. Came home and did the bend in the bottom brackets method to angle the shield higher plus moved clamps as high on the forks as possible.. Love it!! No more wind in my face. No more earplugs needed.. So happy!! Thanks everyone for all your great information in this thread! Pics of course:

View attachment 87375

View attachment 87374

View attachment 87376
Looks "Tight" bro! Huge difference at highway (85+) speeds right? Glad it worked out for you.

·
Registered
975 Posts
Looks "Tight" bro! Huge difference at highway (85+) speeds right? Glad it worked out for you.
I've only had her up to 65 but yeah.. Even at just 50 mph it's a drastic difference especially now that I bumped it up to the top of the forks. My face is now in a nice pocket of calm air. Soo sweet! :swink:

Reactions: MassMax

·
Registered
975 Posts
Good god I love it! Riding just became 100% more enjoyable thanks to this.. Ok, more like 85%, but still.. Effing awesome!

Has anyone considered painting or Plasti dipping the backside black so it's not see thru? Or like all but a few inches at the top.. Was just a thought cuz I painted my flyscreen and it looked badass (imo).. If this was painted black on the back it'd look more like a body part than a windshield.. Kinda like a small batwing...

The thinking behind Plasti dipping would be that it's reversible..

·
Registered
764 Posts
Just read through this entire thread and had a couple questions I didn't see answered...

1. How wide is it at the headlight? I can see the gap, wondering just how much room is there... Good for a dual headlight setup?

2. Has anyone tried the R2 version? Texas posted a picture of it and it looks like it eliminated that gap but no idea if it would fit around a stock headlight or if the mounts are the same, etc.

National Cycle Vstream Shield Suzuki M109R2 19 25" Dark | eBay
Still wondering :)

·
Premium Member
2,015 Posts

National Cycle Vstream Shield Suzuki M109R2 19 25" Dark | eBay
Saw you post that you're "still wondering", so I'm bumping it up for ya.
I was going to measure my un-mounted one, but since the mounts pull it in some...you need a measurement off of a mounted one.

Post #2, second pic by MassMax shows how wide it is in relation to the front forks. Just keep clicking on that pic until it expands all the way.http://www.riderforums.com/general-mean-streak/80296-v-stream-windshield-questions.html

·
Registered
975 Posts
There's 2 to 2.5 inches between the side of the headlight to the inside edge of the screen on mine..

·
Registered
170 Posts
There's 2 to 2.5 inches between the side of the headlight to the inside edge of the screen on mine..
Seeing your bike with this shield on is the best in incentive for me to ride all the way out to BF Gold Bar to help with your cam tension extenders! I've been considering replacing my Memphis Fats with one of these. But I've been concerned about how the gap would look. Looks like I'm gonna see it up close....and maybe see how it rides:wink:

201 - 220 of 254 Posts