RiderForums.com - Kawasaki Motorcycle Forum banner
181 - 200 of 254 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,015 Posts
Looks like a perfect fit, right Tex??
Yeah, the front tip of the shield even lines up with the Marauder headlight. That's a good thing since I just traded for my son's Marauder. :) Plus we have another Marauder headlight to go on the Meanie.

·
Registered
980 Posts
Yeah, the front tip of the shield even lines up with the Marauder headlight. That's a good thing since I just traded for my son's Marauder. :) Plus we have another Marauder headlight to go on the Meanie.
Sweet, that will look sick bud.

·
Registered
177 Posts
Looks hot DG, great pics of the scoot. Dig the shield and the headlight, thought it wouldn't look good. I was wrong fo sho, looks like it was made for the Marauder headlight.
Thank you! I was initially worried about the shield not fitting over the hooded headlight but it fit rather well. I'm very pleased. It was a great purchase.

Wow, all of that worked out really well. Looks like you're ready to go camping, now that you're equipped to take all your stuff along. :)

I think you're right about the V-Stream working even better with the Marauder because of the headlight.
Ah yes, you just reminded me I should check to see how well my sissy bar bag fits on this sissy bar, since that's the only reason I really needed one haha. I'm very pleased with the fit, and you were right about the quality. This thing feels very heavy and substantial versus the Cobra mini sissy bar. I installed the mounting brackets on the outside of the backrest bracket. I think it fits better that way. Thanks James!

Reactions: Texas and MassMax

·
Registered
1,251 Posts
Dunesgirl is the only one I've seen with more "likes" than posts,,,,, lol nice!

Reactions: Dunesgirl and Texas

·
Premium Member
2,015 Posts
Dunesgirl is the only one I've seen with more "likes" than posts,,,,, lol nice!
That's simple, there's a lot to like about her. She's interesting, knows what she's talking about, and posts lots of pictures.

·
Registered
177 Posts
Heh, I'm pretty new on the Meanie forums so I know very little but I'll share what I know and have learned :)

And photos are always nice. Hopefully I'll post a lot more this year.

·
Registered
705 Posts
I am thinking of putting one on but, I have fat fork covers from Paul and wonder if the brackets will fit around them. Can you order different diameter brackets?

·
Registered
926 Posts
I am thinking of putting one on but, I have fat fork covers from Paul and wonder if the brackets will fit around them. Can you order different diameter brackets?
you will probably be fine with the windscreen as it is. is it made for a bike with fatter forks actually. so when we put it on ours we have to fill the gap with rubber or foam. for example I used 3m weather stripping with foam on one side and tape on the other to take up the extra space. I dont have the specs for them but im sure you can find the diameter of the forks they are intended for if need be.

Reactions: Texas

·
Premium Member
2,015 Posts
Nope, only the one size for brackets.

you will probably be fine with the windscreen as it is. It is made for a bike with fatter forks actually. so when we put it on ours we have to fill the gap with rubber or foam. for example I used 3m weather stripping with foam on one side and tape on the other to take up the extra space. I dont have the specs for them but im sure you can find the diameter of the forks they are intended for if need be.
Our forks are 54mm. The shield is made for a Suzuki M109R which has 58mm forks. Pauls fat fork tubes are 2.490 inches or about 63mm.

Edit to update...To make the brackets work on the fat fork tubes, you will definitely need longer bolts to tighten them down the first time and to reshape to fit.

If it was me, I would probably buy a 'short' piece of steel pipe at Lowes or Home Depot to first bolt the brackets onto to reshape them to fit the larger size diameter better. A 2" I.D. schedule 40 steel pipe has a outer diameter of about 2-3/8".

Or if you have it, a 2" I.D. schedule 40 PVC pipe has a outer diameter of 2-3/8".

I tried one of the brackets on a PVC pipe that was 2-3/8" O.D. which is about 60mm. It fit but the opening where the bolt goes through the tab was about 3/4" away from the one with the nut made on it. Probably be over an inch with 63mm.

The tab where the bolt goes through, along with the tab with the nut made on it...both of them will need to be bent a few degrees to allow the longer bolt to line up.
After the bracket is reshaped by tightening it down with the longer bolt, then a shorter bolt can be used.

·
Premium Member
2,015 Posts
Got it, i have 2" laying around and that sounds like it will work. Just didn't want to buy one and it not be able to work.
If it turns out that the bracket tabs can't be lined up again for the original 8mm bolt & welded on nut, a 1/4" bolt and nut could then be used.

·
Registered
975 Posts
Finally getting tired of the wind blast that I still get with my fly screen.. You guys really got me liking this V-stream.. Has anyone on here gone specifically from the fly screen to this that can confirm its a worthwhile improvement/investment..?

·
Registered
177 Posts
I never had the fly screen but I'd imagine the difference between it and nothing at all are negligible. With the fly screen in place, does the wind still hit you in the chest?

·
Registered
975 Posts
it does block a lot of the wind to the chest.. Granted, I only purchased it for looks, but for me it takes most of the wind off my chest when i'm riding. I used to feel like I had to struggle against the wind blast when riding at high speeds, but with the fly screen when i'm riding 75 mph down the freeway the wind on my chest is about as strong as when riding maybe 40 mph shieldless. I still get the normal wind blast on my face tho which I'm tired of.

·
Registered
177 Posts
Ah okay. Yeah, the V-stream really removed all of the wind blast to my torso and upper chest and most of my face. But the wind still hits me about forehead level, although I've been able to ride with just a bandana on my head on the freeway and haven't lost one yet. Usually can't keep them on otherwise. The force the wind hits me with at that point must be very weak, because even with a full face on I still don't get any or very little buffeting at 80mph. Definitely takes the strain off of my neck from having to fight the wind before with a helmet on.

Reactions: Texas and Conmar

·
Registered
975 Posts
Sounds like what I need.. I bit the bullet and placed my order.. $178.91 shipped. Can't wait to get it :woot:

Reactions: Dunesgirl

·
Registered
975 Posts
TwoCycleGuys.com.. I went with the sport version

Reactions: JJSuperstar
181 - 200 of 254 Posts