RiderForums.com - Kawasaki Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
I've just read this thread from front to back and I am sold on this VStream Sport, all the reviews and information is invaluable! I'm 5'8" so I think the Sport would work great! Thanks for posting those pics tc207 , that just looks sick! Just bought an 07 S.E myself and I think this could make a huge difference in the look.

Here's what might be an odd ball question though, when I bought the meanie the previous owner threw a windshield in and its definitely more for a standard cruiser, my previous posts show it. What I'm wondering is if having a huge upright shield like that can negatively affect mpg?! And if upgrading to this vstream would help with that...as well as look a **** ton better? Anybody noticed any difference in mileage because of reduced drag?

·
Registered
64 Posts
Nice bearclaw and I agree! :righton: Half of me wants to make the best out of a daily rider while the other half still wants to have my fun, and riding a sweet looking machine. :dance: Now if I could only find one less than two arms and a leg at the moment!

·
Registered
64 Posts
I can't tell you anything about gas mileage but what I can tell you is that the V-Stream does a heck of a lot better to reduce buffeting if you ride with a helmet versus the Memphis Shades Fats windshield I had on a previous bike. I'm 5'5" on a good day and I can still feel the wind hit me square in the forehead. But, with that said, the lip at the top of the V-stream really does a fantastic job of calming and streamlining the wind. It doesn't push my full face helmet around in all sorts of directions. On my previous windshield, even though it was 21" tall (if my memory serves me right, I could barely see over it), at freeway speeds wind would rush around it and push my helmet around and it gets fatiguing after a while. That's not to say the Memphis is a bad choice (in town, the Memphis did a better job of keeping the wind off during colder weather) but by comparison the V-stream does a great deal compared to how small it is physically. And it's more aesthetically pleasing.
Appreciate the info! I am literally kicking myself right now, I was watching them on the bay and saw a seller that had 5 of them on sale one day for $18?.?? but wasn't in the position to purchase it right then. I had to wait until the next day and I'm guessing they realized how much the rest of them were going for and swapped the price. The next day $242!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.