RiderForums.com - Kawasaki Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
3,348 Posts
Yeah the brackets are labeled with a L and R but that appears to be from the position standing in front of the bike - not rider position. I had to go back to the instructions and look at the pictures to get it right. Do bottom line, the photos on the instructions were correct but the labels on the parts were not.
Interesting...I'm sure that has everything to do with the fact that the part was designed and engineered for a different bike! I would bet money they fit backwards due to angle differences in the two bikes.

·
Registered
3,348 Posts
The difference in rake angle between a meanie and a 109 is only 1 degree.

Watch the video, especially around 2:12...so what we're talking about won't get so confusing. How is what he did different from what you did?
(top brackets have the 'straight' bend lines and the lowers have the 'angle' bend lines)
Sure...but the difference in the gauges and the handlebar package is pretty significant.

·
Registered
3,348 Posts
Based for everyone's info, especially yours Nyinfamous, I finally quit fidgeting over which one to buy and just now ordered the Sport version from Michael.
Hope they ship it by UPS...:D

With all these equal rights people these days..you might get a GUY with booty shorts! LOL

·
Registered
3,348 Posts
Sorry JJ, I have a 07 and I do have a V-Stream Sport, but mine isn't on there yet, and won't be for a while.
I agree, the pics of the V-Stream on Mean Carrea'a 08 SE in post #108 shows just how awesome it looks on a SE.

Thanks for the heads up! Excellent price, but they add shipping charges on to that price. Depending on their shipping charges, it may or may not be a better deal than the one I linked to earlier which included the shipping in the price.

Gonna buy one...:)
$13.90 to Oklahoma....about $188 total. That's less than the cost plus deal I get at work.

·
Registered
3,348 Posts
I'm just under 6 ft and I have the touring version, it works well for me. Very little buffeting. There is considerable adjustability past what I have it set at.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts