RiderForums.com - Kawasaki Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
980 Posts
Emelosh, I attached a link to cruisercustomizing.com web site for the National Cycle V Stream Sport Dark tint windshield. I run this one my streak and very happy with it. They also make a " Tourer" version which is taller for more wind protection. The Sport shield keeps the wind off my chest, but does catch my face. Couple pics with it on on my streak, good luck.

Land vehicle Vehicle Motorcycle Motor vehicle Windshield
Motor vehicle Windshield Vehicle Motorcycle Automotive tire

National Cycle VStream Sport Windshield, Dark Tint - Suzuki Boulevard M109R

·
Registered
980 Posts
No problem bro. Don't notice it, but I'm sure it's getting thru that area. I'm not a big fan of windshields, but I was looking for a sporty one without the bulk. Rolled the dice with this set-up and pleased with its function and looks on my bike.

·
Registered
980 Posts
Great price on eBay, good looking out Hillbilly. Also can't wait to see the Tourer version on your bike emelosh.

Great write ups Jimbo, professional and filled with specifics bro. Nice work.

Reactions: T-Meanie

·
Registered
980 Posts
NY2K2, you feel'n the love T's laying down? All good bro. When I ride, I tend to look over the screen. It is a dark tint and have also thought about painting it. But I like to be able to see thru it at times when scoping out the road. I am interested like T to see how emelosh likes the Tourer version. Much taller screen and Im sure, offers a lot more wind and head protection.

Reactions: T-Meanie

·
Registered
980 Posts
OK, good review info for sure, but T-Meanie and MassMax need to tell us how tall they are so we have that info to compare to also.
5-10 in height Tex, not a giant by any means. Sport version is perfect for me, but you may need the Tourer version at 6-0.

·
Registered
980 Posts
Comparison pics for all interested, hope this helps.

Sport Version N28201

Land vehicle Motorcycle Motor vehicle Vehicle Headlamp

Tourer Version N28202

Land vehicle Vehicle Motorcycle Headlamp Automotive lighting

Reactions: Ruthless1

·
Registered
980 Posts
Dig'n the V-bars Colin, they look sick! I wouldn't cover up those bars either man. Would like to see it with the fly screen though.

Vehicle Motor vehicle Motorcycle accessories Motorcycle Automotive lighting

·
Registered
980 Posts
Bro, if you told me a year ago that this shield would catch like wild fire for this bike, I wouldn't have believed it. I'm pumped it works for you and all Forum members that took the same chance. Like I've said before, not a big windshield guy, but this shield looks slick and is very functional on the Streak. I agree 100% with you, this Forum has a great bunch of guys willing to lend a hand with advice and no BS opinions.

The weather is finally starting turn, enjoy it bro. Your bike looks SICK!!!! Props to T-Meanie with all the in depth help and write ups. He's the man. One of the most helpful dudes out here.

·
Registered
980 Posts
Had the same problems worth the brackets on mine too. They were labeled left and right but ended up having to switch then around to get then to fit. Once I stopped following the install instructions, things got much better...haven't had a chance to get our and try it yet though. :-(
Glad you got it on emelosh, looks great man. Wanted to post a side by side with the Sport & Tourer versions for members to compare.

Let us know how much protection you get from the Tourer at highway speeds.

·
Registered
980 Posts
You're the guru when it comes to comparison pics! Wondering just how many inches longer the touring is than the sport...could it be as simple as adding the 3" onto that lip...
Absolutely Tex, I would say Yes.

Reactions: Texas

·
Registered
980 Posts
Looks Killer Mean Carrera! Mounted low, that's how we roll bro, "Low & Slow". CDI

·
Registered
980 Posts
Based for everyone's info, especially yours Nyinfamous, I finally quit fidgeting over which one to buy and just now ordered the Sport version from Michael.
Hope they ship it by UPS...:D

Tex, this UPS driver gets around. Smokeshow, I'm down with Brown.

Clothing Abdomen Stomach Muscle Model

·
Registered
980 Posts
Lol no I'm good! Thanks though. :)

I went over to my mom's today and while I was over there I snapped a few more photos. I bought Texas' CWI backrest and was able to install it today. Turned out pretty good, now I just need that Mustang seat :)

View attachment 86266
View attachment 86267
View attachment 86268
Looks hot DG, great pics of the scoot. Dig the shield and the headlight, thought it wouldn't look good. I was wrong fo sho, looks like it was made for the Marauder headlight.

Reactions: Dunesgirl and Texas

·
Registered
980 Posts
Looks like a perfect fit, right Tex??

·
Registered
980 Posts
Yeah, the front tip of the shield even lines up with the Marauder headlight. That's a good thing since I just traded for my son's Marauder. :) Plus we have another Marauder headlight to go on the Meanie.
Sweet, that will look sick bud.

·
Registered
980 Posts
Installed it.. Went for a ride.. Liked it.. Came home and did the bend in the bottom brackets method to angle the shield higher plus moved clamps as high on the forks as possible.. Love it!! No more wind in my face. No more earplugs needed.. So happy!! Thanks everyone for all your great information in this thread! Pics of course:

View attachment 87375

View attachment 87374

View attachment 87376
Looks "Tight" bro! Huge difference at highway (85+) speeds right? Glad it worked out for you.

·
Registered
980 Posts
Thank you MassMax!!! So great! Got the tour and think I still need to do the bendy mod but it's so great! I'm 6'3" so there was a lot of torso catching wind before, not any more though!

Argh can't figure out how to re-use previously uploaded pics on the iPad. Pics are in the pic thread
Glad it's working out for you man, it really helps when your mph's are up on the highway. Rolled the dice years ago with it and not dissapointed in the least. Love your scoot, reminds me of jj superstars. I'm with Bearclaw, those Jardines would look great pc black. I had my chrome Maps from my bud Texas powdercoated and complete the look I was going for.

Reactions: tc207 and bearclaw
1 - 17 of 17 Posts