RiderForums.com - Kawasaki Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 20 of 254 Posts

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know a couple people here on the forums have gone with the National Cycle V-Stream windshield on their meanie's but I can't seem to find those threads again. I know they don't make one for the Mean Streak and one from the Suzuki was used with little modification. Which Suzuki was that? Was it the M109R or M109R2 or the M90?

Also - what is the performance like? I.e. how's the buffeting/wind flow with these? I currently have the OEM Kawi windshield and I've modified the brackets to tilt it out and raise it up to reduce the helmet buffeting but as a result, I don't like the look. Looking for something more sleek like V-Stream but still want to reduce/eliminate buffeting if possible.

·
Registered
980 Posts
Emelosh, I attached a link to cruisercustomizing.com web site for the National Cycle V Stream Sport Dark tint windshield. I run this one my streak and very happy with it. They also make a " Tourer" version which is taller for more wind protection. The Sport shield keeps the wind off my chest, but does catch my face. Couple pics with it on on my streak, good luck.

Land vehicle Vehicle Motorcycle Motor vehicle Windshield
Motor vehicle Windshield Vehicle Motorcycle Automotive tire

National Cycle VStream Sport Windshield, Dark Tint - Suzuki Boulevard M109R

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks MassMax! Looks great on there. I noticed on the front pic though that there seems to be quite a gap around the sides the headlight. Do you notice much wind coming in there?

·
Registered
980 Posts
No problem bro. Don't notice it, but I'm sure it's getting thru that area. I'm not a big fan of windshields, but I was looking for a sporty one without the bulk. Rolled the dice with this set-up and pleased with its function and looks on my bike.

·
Registered
1,799 Posts
Land vehicle Motorcycle Vehicle Motorcycle accessories Cruiser
Emelosh.....here's the same shield on my bike. I was afraid the wind was going to be a nuisance coming through the lower part by the headlight like you mentioned, but it hasn't been a problem at all in fact, I have run the bike to 100 MPH with the splitstreamer on and nothing....very neutral in that area and I have mine raised as high up on the forks as it can go. The thing works very well and is very aero dynamic. Max....I was thinking we should send photos of our bikes to Natl. Cycle so they can see that it works better on the meanstreak than the M109! emelosh....the little flip up ridge at the top tip of the windscreen does a pretty nice job of deflecting the wind up over your head. You wouldn't believe the looks and compliments I have received from this shield.

·
Registered
926 Posts
Damnit, I was just about to settle on either the flyscreen or the stealth windsheild but now this one puts those to shame. my only hold back is the price its almost as much as those other two combined. looks great tho.

·
Premium Member
2,015 Posts
You can save a few bucks on Ebay. Vstream Tour Windshield Tall Dark Tint Suzuki M109R Boulevard 08 10 NC28205 | eBay ...that said..National Cycle is an exc manufacturer and I have used their products many times...
Just be aware that link is to a shield for a R2 which has a different headlight and is shaped differently in front.

Edited to add this important info about the N28205...
The picture they are showing in that ebay link is wrong, that is a N28202...NOT the 205 they are selling.
Here is a N28205 picture link direct to National Cycle... http://www.nationalcycle.com/ispl/10-114067-000.pdf
Note the different shape of the 205 shield in front and the mounting brackets also.

N28201, N28202 link direct to National Cycle...http://www.nationalcycle.com/ispl/10-114056-000.pdf

The 28205 is for a M109R2...different headlight from the one on a M109R. Note the way the front of the 28205 shield is shaped differently.

Refer to post #106 & #107 for more info.

Reactions: johnborsellino

·
Registered
904 Posts
Man that almost makes me want to sell my fly screen and Memphis shades. Almost

·
Registered
117 Posts
Do they come with the brackets and how hard or fast can you take it off???
It does come with the brackets and takes about 10 minutes to install the first time. Easy to work with. I'm loving it, especially on the highway.

Reactions: MassMax

·
Registered
1,799 Posts
Mean Carrera.... in answer to your question, mine is just like Max's, the slightly shorter sport model and dark tint...they also make both models in light tint. I was torn between the tour model and the sporty one, and went with the sporty one which still does an admirable job of wind deflection for my 5'10 height factor. Keep in mind I do have my shield raised as high on the forks as it can go, you have about an inch and a half of height adjustability with the unit. I don't tour very long distances on my meanstreak anyway. And, the price? A little spendy, but you will never get a shield that is of higher quality than this one, and once you see it on your bike, you will never want to swap it out with another brand. As for the brackets, and this is very important, you must shim the insides of said brackets so they clamp down tight enough on the forks because the forks on the M109 (and that just happened to be my last bike) are slightly thicker than on the meanstreak, but fortunately the same width spread across from side to side the forks are on both bikes. The kit comes with some stick-on rubber shims, but like Max did, I went to home depot and picked up some more rubber with peel off backing, cut them down to size, and added in another layer just to make sure of proper clamping tightness and it worked real well. I also painted my brackets satin black because they come in this funky gun metal gray...didn't match with the rest of the bike theme. It was worth all the effort, believe me. Max was initially the forerunner that took the first chance in buying one and making it work, and in turn, advised me on what to do. see what ya got started Max? (lol)! I bugged Max about this shield right after I saw it on is avatar with all the same questions and then bought one. Natl. Cycle is really quick on shipping, which was included in the initial cost.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I went ahead and pulled the trigger on ordering one of these. I find the touring model on Amazon for $211 - jumped on it! Can't wait to get this on the bike. :)

Thanks for all the feedback guys - made my decision easier!

·
Registered
980 Posts
Great price on eBay, good looking out Hillbilly. Also can't wait to see the Tourer version on your bike emelosh.

Great write ups Jimbo, professional and filled with specifics bro. Nice work.

Reactions: T-Meanie

·
Registered
1,799 Posts
Thanx Max....I appreciate that. It is always great feeling when we can help others on this forum achieve their modding dreams on our bikes. Makes me smile....:ithank:

·
Registered
1,799 Posts
Oh Eme....please let us know how that taller version works out and if you hit any snags on the install, please ask Max or me. We will want to know how the tour version you got handles out in the wind....protection, deflection, etc. and more....congrats on a very good screen.

·
Registered
926 Posts
Thanx Max....I appreciate that. It is always great feeling when we can help others on this forum achieve their modding dreams on our bikes. Makes me smile....:ithank:
AAAWWWWWWwwwwwwww lol JK , na I agree, and thanks for this find guys, Ive also decided to go this route

1 - 20 of 254 Posts