RiderForums.com - Kawasaki Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay,I am trying to buy a used lock set(IGN,FUEL CAP,SEAT&HELMET),for my 2006 Z750S bike. When I bought this bike the fuel system had been sitting with the same gas in the fuel tank for maybe like a millennia or so,complete rust,dead fuel pump(made ~20PSI),had to put a used fuel gauge/float set-up in to make the fuel gauge on the dash work.the gas cap would barely open and close(to say nothing about the FC lock!).Oh yeah,not a biggy,but the helmet lock was jimmied,and a key would barely go in it.The worst part was the steering/IGN lock was busted too.The IGN SW works,but not the lock. I found one,but...Can any one tell me,will a IGN SWITCH/LOCK from an Australian 2005 Z750S bike work on mine? I have some pics of it(the locks). Mine has 6 wire,and his has 5 wire. The dude claims(and I have no reason to doubt him),that the missing wire from his(that mine has),is a gray wire(he is right about that), that is for a resistor for the immobilizer system which KAWASAKI put on some of these bikes. I traced the wire on my wiring diagram,and it is going to the ECU.(Mine does not have it[the IMMOBILIZER SYSTEM],and obviously this one did not either,but I'm not sure). A good friend of mine,that teaches bike mechanics told me that the Aussy bikes did not have the 4-way blinkers/ER flashers on them,so some some differences are noted between them. I am not sure. Does anyone know the answer to this,or have first hand knowledge? THANKS y'all!!!

1 - 1 of 1 Posts