RiderForums.com - Kawasaki Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 61 Posts

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Check out these bag boys!! I ordered them at the same time as a set of Akrapovic’s (without the slip-ons) but as they arrived first I couldn’t wait so fitted them to the standard down pipes..and BOY does it sound GOOOOD!! About as loud as the ‘Jim Mod’, maybe a little loader but without that deep resonating echo. I did order the baffles to go with it but they are on back order. As they are designed to run with or without them it gives me the choice, depending how annoying I want to be.

·
Registered
545 Posts
i like the look of them and cheap also ?? $280 from what ive seen on the net

love the way they sit on the exhaust gaurd not many exhausts look correct with the exhaust gaurd

do you plan to use them with the akro header
that will sound mental

·
Registered
313 Posts

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
Ah that was one of our new holiday homes and someone left their hire straightener’s on the bed then went out shopping!!! Muggings here bust into it thinking there was somebody still in there...a bit scary.

Got them from http://www.vanceandhines.com/products/sport-cs1slipon/Kawasaki/z1000/csone/csone.html and yes as soon as the AKRO's get here there going on as well but i think that i will have to use the Sound Inserts in the V&H as they will be too loud.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Snake - looks awesome mate but you really need alli brake reservoirs now. Am just a hint jealous and these could be my next purchase.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Snake - looks awesome mate but you really need alli brake reservoirs now. Am just a hint jealous and these could be my next purchase.
Scutty...so were does one get some of them then? as you know if it looks good i'll av it!!!

·
Registered
545 Posts

·
Registered
545 Posts
may i ask what you paid for the exhaust tempted 2 get a second set

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
may i ask what you paid for the exhaust tempted 2 get a second set
Got to get me one of them, do they do one for he rear? The Urbans were £201 + VAT delivered £10. and i did mention that they sound Absolutely Awesome!!! i find myself sneeking into the lockup just to fire it up...Sad a'nt it.

·
Registered
27 Posts
I know you can add the optional baffles, but is there any baffling in the slip-ons themselves or are they just straigt-through tubing?

I saw they finally posted them on the US site, but I contacted a dealer and they said they're not released yet in the US - expected about year end. Price wise, I think we'll be able to get them for under $300 in the US with the optional baffles - maybe about $230 without the optional baffles. I assumed I'd need the baffles, but if there is some baffling in the slip-ons, maybe not.

·
Registered
545 Posts
Got to get me one of them, do they do one for he rear? The Urbans were £201 + VAT delivered £10. and i did mention that they sound Absolutely Awesome!!! i find myself sneeking into the lockup just to fire it up...Sad a'nt it.
you just get the universal pots for the rear

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Sorry Rob….it’s a language thing, if it’s the baffles (inserts) you mean. There is a 1/4in hole on the inside about 2in down from the end of each pipe (ie.4) I am assuming that the baffles slip inside and locate and are held in by a retaining bolt.
And DLFLHT the Urban’s are straight though (hollow) and only weigh a pound.

1 - 20 of 61 Posts