RiderForums.com - Kawasaki Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 20 of 65 Posts

·
Registered
297 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Z1000 File Depot

Upload your PCIII maps, movies, or anything else to my server in real-time. I got everything (hopefully) coded so it's easy to use, let me know if it's not. I have plenty of space and bandwidth I'm paying for no matter what, so I need to put my money to use somehow! :D Enjoy, feedback welcome.

Brad

·
Registered
1,902 Posts
:headbang:

·
Registered
313 Posts
Thanks Squeky

That's just what this forum needed. You Rock:headbang:

·
Registered
297 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
No problem. Anyone have any other requests similar to the file uploading thing? Should I put documents and specs up? Like most things, seems like the big Z1000 sites are more about selling things/getting click-thru money than getting information out (not that that's a bad thing). I guess if people take interest, I can build this thing up big so it will hopefully be a complement to this site (and not competing with it).

·
Registered
2,779 Posts
I'll try to get my before and after video of my Hindle exhaust this weekend sometime, and whatever else I can dig up.

·
Registered
297 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
What really needs to be up is a sound or video file of the elusive IXIL underseat exhaust :headbang:

An exhaust section should definitely be in order though. Thanks.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Thanks, man - you rock! :righton:

Downloading the manual as I type this...

Think you need to take a bow: :ithank:

·
Registered
2,066 Posts
You da CHAMP Squeaky! I'll upload my stock to Muzzy avi files later today.

Oh, and I see you've got the right color bike on your greeting screen... :headbang:

·
Registered
2,779 Posts
Squeky,

My hindle movie is 2.5MB do you have any way to upload anything that big?

·
Registered
2,779 Posts
I sent the email. Let me know if there is any problems with it.

·
Registered
297 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Got your e-mail, everything fine. That sounds awesome! (very crotch-rockety too).

News on the upload site, I totally scrapped my own code. It was a little buggy and I didn't feel like re-writing everything again. I use Coppermine on my other site and decided to use it for this purpose too. It's an extremely powerful open source package, try it out. Hopefully this will be stickied sometime so everyone can get use out of it. You can now upload pics, sounds, movies, maps, pdfs, anything. You can comment and rate everything (I pretty much gave all access to everyone). Try it out, it's a pretty amazing piece of software. Let me know if you have any problems, it may have a few bugs on my backend that I need to work out.

Once again, the site is HERE

·
Registered
2,779 Posts
Nice work squeky!

·
Premium Member
6,454 Posts
I'll make this thread sticky for now and check with JJ when he gets back.

·
Registered
253 Posts
squeky said:
Z1000 File Depot

Upload your PCIII maps, movies, or anything else to my server in real-time. I got everything (hopefully) coded so it's easy to use, let me know if it's not. I have plenty of space and bandwidth I'm paying for no matter what, so I need to put my money to use somehow! :D Enjoy, feedback welcome.

Brad
here are some movies of the Dutch

i cannot upload them to your server....mayby you can do it yourself???that way you can decide what you want on your server

http://www.otromp.com/zmoviez/

·
Registered
297 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Z1000MUIS: Since the files are already online, you can register and use the upload URL without needing the file on your computer. Put the URL in and the software pulls the file from the provided URL. This option isn't available without registering and logging in, you can only upload what's on your computer.

JasonYng: Of course not, I used Coppermine Photo Gallery (the link is at the bottom of each page). It requires a PHP enabled server, GD/Imagemagik, and MySQL. It so customizable it's amazing. Also open source so it's free to use and modify every bit of code you can imagine. It's all written in PHP, so it would be good to learn it to be able to mod it, but isn't necessary. All this stuff requires a pretty good webserver (usually something running on Linux), the free servers won't give you nearly enough control to run it, plus they most likely won't have PHP and definitely not MySQL. Let me know if you need help setting anything up, it's a great piece of software.

1 - 20 of 65 Posts