RiderForums.com - Kawasaki Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Unfortunately they didn’t let me test drive them but I sat on each one . I’m 6’1” 190 lbs . The ZX6R and RS660 have a similar riding position. Not as extreme as the Yamaha R6 or the Ducati v2. Legs were comfortable - no more cramped than my N650. Grips about 3” lower and more forward . The Ducati SS 950 was somewhere in between the N650 and ZX6R in terms of bar reach /drop. Overall the Ducati was the most comfortable transition. Seats all felt the same to me . If I was riding 200 miles , I would take the Ducati, but the other two were not horrible but would require some training to get used to . Very hard to decide which one without riding . I’m sort of partial to the Kawasaki brand . The 4 on the 636 sounds like a formula 1 engine - but not sure I would want it as my only bike (?) . The Aprilia is a new platform. It will take a while to get the bugs out . Not sure about the multicolor scheme - not my thing . The Ducati is beautiful. I just wonder about the security of it in a public lot on campus ( I would occasionally commute with it ) . Decisions , decisions..

·
Registered
132 Posts
Ducati Supersport is a beautiful bike, but it runs hots and costs to maintain. It's hard to beat the Ninja 650 for ease of use and cost of ownership. wrt Aprilia, instead look at the Tuono 660, imho.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts