RiderForums.com - Kawasaki Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
347 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,

Is there a steering damper available for the 2nd gen Z1000 that goes under the bottom triple? I thought Matris used to make one, no?

It mounted somehow near the top of the radiator, then connected to one of the fork tubes.

Is anybody selling this style anymore?

Just curious,
Rem:agree:

·
Registered
8 Posts
I also bought a sprint after reading the review here. It is good at doing what its supposed to do - keep it from head shaking under power and making the wheelies more manageable.

However, the mounting scheme is not so perfect. If you crank up the steering damper to full stiff and turn the bars sharply, the mount moves and touches the rad. You can yank it back if you pull it by hand. I have torqued the bolts 2X and used blue loctite the second time around. It didn't help.

To get around the problem I just use full stiff only for highway/wheelie time. Otherwise its stays around 10/14 clicks, 14 is full stiff.

·
Registered
347 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for the help guys.

With a little bit of asking around and price checking, I got a Sprint Damper for $275 shipped.

·
Registered
346 Posts
10 clicks is definetly the sweet spot for the Sprint damper:alcy:.

·
Registered
969 Posts
Glad to know this thing works really well for the price . . . Rem, so have you purchased your new Z yet? PICS?

·
Registered
347 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Glad to know this thing works really well for the price . . . Rem, so have you purchased your new Z yet? PICS?
Hahaha....would you believe, I just got it home at 10pm last night!!...

Picked up a black 07 with about 12,000 miles on it. It's pretty clean but needs a little bit of work to get her all smoothed back out again...lol. It had a 4-1 pipe on it that I let the seller keep, but it does have a PCIII usb, K&N filter, Protaper bar, Titax levers, 3" bar end mirror, CA tail light, etc.

Would you believe I had not one, but two other deals all set up on two different 07 Z1000's, and they both fell through. Oh well, at least I finally got one. She's going to be my winter project.

With all the stuff I sold off my 06, I bought a bunch of goodies for the 07:

Pazzo Shorties - Black w/ ti adjusters.
Beowulf Dual Exhaust - Black SS, oval, shorties.
OEM rear seat cowl.
Sprint steering damper (Black)
Clear Alternatives tail light (I now have two of these...lol)
CRG Blinsight bar end mirrors.
Corbin Seat (Black, of course...lol)

Anyway, the bad news (for me) is, I'm leaving on Sunday for two weeks with work, so I'm not gonna have time to install any of this stuff...ugggh...lol. Oh well, got a long cold winter coming, so I'll get her all sorted out. Gotta get at her with the Meguiars 3 stage and see how she cleans up!!

I'll see if I can get some pics posted up tonight!!

Cheers,
Rem

·
Registered
319 Posts
I bought the Sprint Damper and love it. After reading the same post I believe. Jolicovers on ebay was real helpful and I got it in a heartbeat. It does get a little close to the radiator but if you adjust it just right you should have plenty of room. However, a rad cover barely fits under the Sprint mounting bracket. I got mine to fit but then decided I liked black instead of the gold I purchased. Anyone want to buy a rad cover?

·
Registered
347 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Guys,

Just as an FYI for anybody looking to buy a Sprint damper...

Email Sprint directly, and ask for their best price. They even beat the Ebay prices when I bought mine a few weeks back. Mine was like $265 right to my door.

Mine is installed, but not tested yet...I haven't been riding much, life is hectic:((

Cheers,
Rem:alcy:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts