RiderForums.com - Kawasaki Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Administrator
2,727 Posts
Hi. Welcome onboard. Go with the recommend tyre size - 160/50-17. Going 150/60-17 is going to be a narrower and taller tyre than recommended, and that may affect handling negatively.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hi All i have got ninja 650 2019 krt is it ok to wear 150/60R17 rear tyre ? Plz suggest
Worst comes to worst and it will work but as the previous comment suggests; Go for the original stock size @ 160/50r17 to see the best results.

However I have messed with different tire sizes and in my experience yes, tire sizes do matter. The more tall and narrow the tire is, the more it will feel like a pedal bike doing high speeds and is pretty uneasy on the mind.

·
Registered
1,003 Posts
Hi. Welcome onboard. Go with the recommend tyre size - 160/50-17. Going 150/60-17 is going to be a narrower and taller tyre than recommended, and that may affect handling negatively.
LOL I think this is the first time I've ever read about someone putting a narrower rear tire on. Usually people are trying to get the 170/180 on there.

OP - stick with the stock size, there are zero performance benefits with getting a narrower tire, and a few disadvantages.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts